Submit Sysaid ticket using Perl API

Author

I would like to be able to submit a SR using the Perl API similar to what is used to submit linux assets?

Any help or ideas would be great!

https://www.sysaid.com/patch2023.htm

This article mentions the addition of the api but i have found no documentation on this?
SysAid Wiz

Hello dlhaas

You can download the perl API at https://www.sysaid.com/down/sysaid-perl-api.tar.gz

1. sysaid-agent-reg.pl – This script registers a new agent.

Usage: sysaid-agent-reg.pl <URL> <Agent ID> <Account ID> <Serial> <Name> <Type> <Group>

Example:

./sysaid-agent-reg.pl "https://demo.sysaid.com:80" test-1234 demo 55BA92A9F11535DD "Api Agent" Server "\\"

2. sysaid-agent-alert.pl - This script creates a new alert (new SR).

Usage: sysaid-agent-alert.pl <URL> <Agent ID> <Account ID> <Serial><Category> <Sub Category> <Third Level Category> <Title> <Description><Status> <Urgency>

Example:

./sysaid-agent-alert.pl "https://demo.sysaid.com:80" SUN:2198645094 demo 55BA92A9F11535DD Network Pemissions none "Detected unauthrized access" "IPAddress = bla bla" 2 2

Best regards.
Haim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May. 13, 2009 08:06 AM

Pushing IT forward
SysAider

This link you have included is unavailable.
avc
SysAider

simply remove the period at the end of gz =]
SysAider

Arg.. the simple things...
SysAid Wiz

Sorry for that, link was fixed
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Is there a way to insert line breaks in the description field?

Is there a way to update who the request is from?

Thanks,
Dan Lamb
Elite SysAider

It would be nice to have an exe version of the API so you can call it from batch files etc. I was able to do this using Active State Perl Dev kit, however since it is an evaluation version the exe is only good for the life of the trial period. Does anyone have a full copy of this, that wouldn't mind creating an exe of both api files for this purpose?
- Brian Martin

Unofficial SysAid Wiki - Most common issues and their solutions can be found here.
SysAid VP Customer Success

danlamb wrote:Is there a way to insert line breaks in the description field?

Is there a way to update who the request is from?

You could add link breaks to the description (just break the line). Here's what I tried and it worked:

Updating the request user is not possible with this script.

Brian Martin wrote:It would be nice to have an exe version of the API so you can call it from batch files etc. I was able to do this using Active State Perl Dev kit, however since it is an evaluation version the exe is only good for the life of the trial period. Does anyone have a full copy of this, that wouldn't mind creating an exe of both api files for this purpose?

You could install Strawberry Perl for Windows (get it from https://www.perl.com/download.csp) to allow you running the perl script in Windows environment (meaning - you can create batch files).

Joseph.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 03, 2010 03:35 PM

Elite SysAider

I understand that, however the benefit of using the perl dev kit to create the exe is that it compiles perl into it, so the computer doesn't have to have activeperl or strawberry perl installed to run it. This would benefit me for distribution purposes, as I would be distributing some of these scripts using the exe to many people and don't want to install perl on all of the computers.
- Brian Martin

Unofficial SysAid Wiki - Most common issues and their solutions can be found here.
SysAid VP Customer Success

You can maybe write a piece of code and compile it into an executable file - that would imitate what the perl script is doing. You can edit the perl script and see the XML that it is transmitting to the server (with the arguments that it expects to get from the user that runs the script).
If you can make an executable that gets the same arguments, plants them in the right place in the XML file and then post it to the server - it should probably work...
Elite SysAider

Interesting.... Will try.
- Brian Martin

SysAid Mod

Waiting with interest for results
С наилучшими пожеланиями, Федор
With best regards, Fedor
Elite SysAider

Works beautifully.

Also, are the latest api arguments documented?
I think Haim sent me a list a while back of the new ones for 6.5. Using the additionalFields parameter.

Thanks for the idea feda_z.
- Brian Martin

Elite SysAider

Just an update:

The first way that we are using this is for our helpdesk who use an internal program to unlock accounts / reset ad passwords. I have built-in to that program the ability that as soon as they unlock an account or reset a password, that it submits a ticket for that event. The ticket gets fed all information needed: categories, request user = account being unlocked etc, assigned to = current user of the program, solution, status = closed etc etc.

Just to give an idea to anyone else out there interested in this.
- Brian Martin