Report: Active requests vs Date

Author

Hi All,

I am interested (actually my boss is) in a report showing the total active requests on a day for a date range. It would really be cool if the categories adding up to the total were available so that I could create a stacked bar chart. Does anyone know how I can get at this data?
SysAid Wiz

Report and charts editing is not yet available now...
Your best bet is export it to excel.

Tips :
Use the pivot table. That function turns Excel into a business intelligent tool.
SysAid Wiz

this report is already there in analyser select helpdesk, workload and "Active Requests".

The charting bit isn't but just export it to excel.
SysAid Wiz

"Active Requests" report should do the trick as techguy said
Pushing IT forward
SysAid Wiz

I have created you a copy of the report that includes a Pie chart. (I couldn't be bothered to work out a bar chart sorry).

to use it download the jrxml file

go in to the manager portal

click on design reports

highlight sysaid at the top of the report structure and click on the new folder icon and give it a name like "my customised reports"
click on the group you just created (it seems to show the wrong icon at this point a piece of paper instead of a folder icon, ignore this).
now click the new report icon.
Select Choose template
select Active requests.
click save
Change the title to "Active Requests with Pie Chart"
click ok.
click on this new report and use the modify report icon this time
click on the report Design tab
press the upload browse button
navigate to my jrxml file that you have just downloaded.
click ok.

you are done!
have fun!

click on the report design tab

Active Requests with Pie Chart.jrxml
SysAider

Hi All,

Thank you for all your comments and for the modified report with the pie chart!

Unfortunately the report itself is not giving me what I need. The manager's portal dashboard shows that we currently have 103 active requests. I can confirm this number by looking at the matrix page. When I run the report for the last 30 days it gives me only 30 tickets. I need to know the number of active tickets on each of the last thirty days. If I can break the daily totals down by category that would be cool but one step at a time.
SysAid Wiz

Precisely...
Active report won't do it cause ITManager wants ALL category appear on every SR count for each day... if I'm not mistaken. He needs a three dimension chart (no... am not talking about appearence).

I can't explain the number disagreement... but

ITManager, list those active SR, export it to excel and use the pivot table to chart it...
One step.
SysAid Wiz

Obelix wrote:
ITManager, list those active SR, export it to excel and use the pivot table to chart it...
One step.

I know I can't count but i make that at least 3 steps! (hee hee!)
SysAid Wiz

Mua ha hah ah a ha hahahahahahahahaaaaa
Did't mean to... but you're right !
*giggles*