New iOS SysAid Helpdesk app is now available on the App Store

Author

Hello Danny,
Thank you for your interest!

to 1: I have the third category active
to 2: I use iPhone X with the SysAid version v17.3.57 b2 and the Tomcat 7.0.57 and the Appversion 3.2.7! For further support, I would be grateful. Logfile I send in ticket 1929653.

to 3: The SysAid App must be available in the sharing menu of other apps as a selection (such as Drive, Mail, whats App, etc.)! A request whether a new ticket should be created or the data should be added to an existing ticket must be done. We could discuss this further in a meeting.

to 4: That's exactly the problem. If I can not change the status, nothing will be saved in the app. But sending messages works. One is not sure if everything worked. If the status can not be changed, the escalation rule will be triggered although the ticket has already been edited.
I suggest a step by step review.

best regards
SysAider

Hi Danny,

Since we enabled google SSO we are unable to log into the app. Is it possible to use google as sso for the app?
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

@Karlson - Thanks, I added your suggestion. Regarding (4) - I'm still not sure I understand - if Categories is a required field, then you shouldn't be able to save the ticket, regardless of whether it's mobile or web, no?

@Diego - We have a feature request for it, the main thread can be found here.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAid Wiz

Yes Danny that's right! The main problem is that you can not change these fields in the app! Myself is also not completely understand why this is so. It just drives me crazy because I can not find any settings to fix it.

Cheers
SysAid Wiz

Can it be that the editing of some functions depends on the template used?

I think perhaps it would be better to check what you mean with our support team, and see if it's a bug or by-design. I assume that even if it's by design but unclear to you, it should be changed in some way.

I think you can add this info in your existing support ticket.

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider

What is your definition of soon? I'm one of the customer who don't use the 3rd level categories which means, the app is useless. You mentionned in January that a bug in the app was identified regarding this and corrected and would be updated soon.

Well, 3 months later, we are in April and still no updated version of the app. So we must not have the same view of what is soon or not.

Hi Guibs,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in resolving this issue - some additional issues were found in the new (internal) version and we are in the process of fixing that, but it might take some time. We will post more information when available.

Thanks,
Danny
Elite SysAider

Are the issues specifically related to the 3rd level category bug or something else?

I believe your approche to this is flawed. If the issue found are not related to the bug, a new release fixing the bug should be released without additional features/correction to at least allow your users to use the app.

It seems like a common philosophy at sysaid. You rather bundle up fixes/features into major releases instead of releasing smaller, more frequents updates. For features release, this works, but if you are holding up on bug fix for features, you are doing it wrong. You are just contributing to the frustration of your customer base.

The issues described are related to the bugfix.

Regarding bugs waiting for major releases in SysAid - the Cloud version is generally updated every two weeks - much more frequently than average, and the On-Premise version is updated biannually, which is generally the average update time for such systems due to extensive testing scenarios that need to be performed.

Cheers,
Danny
Elite SysAider

Thanks for the precision regarding this specific case.

I would like to address one part that is wrong with your statement. You mentionnes that on-premise users are getting bi-annual major release. This is not the case (at least anymore). On-premise users saw a single major release (Spring 17 - ver. 17.2) in june. We didn't get any other major release last year.

As far as 2018 goes, the first quarter of the year is gone and we have not even got a glimpse at what the next release will be about. So I doubt we'll see two major releases again this year. It's obvious that your business model is to focus on your cloud users at the expense of your on-premise customers.

I could be wrong. I actually hope I am, but I'm in the "doubtful" crowd now. It's up to you to win me back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 10, 2018 11:59 AM

Hi Guibs,

2017 saw the release of two On-Premise releases - v17.2 in June 4, and v17.3 in November 27.
We will be rolling out the beta process for the next On-Premise soon. If you are a Pathfinder, you will receive a notification when the process starts.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAid Wiz

Maybe the solution is to publish the app in two versions!
A version for the Cloud Customers and one for the inHouse Customers.

So you could respond faster to bugs on the state of the respective versions!

@Guibs: I know that is working intensively on the bugs and think that soon your problems are resolved.

best regards
Elite SysAider

tsahibg wrote:Hi Paul,

We have an open feature request for push notifications for the iOS App (FR#25776).

I'll post an update here when I have an estimate and also when the feature will be available on TestFlight for beta testers.

Best regards,

Tsahi

tsahibg,

I could not find the FR#25776. Could you please confirm if this feature has been implemented by now??

I have some customers complaining about the missing of the push notifications they are really mad because it is a feature that was already part of the SysAid App and they do not consider fair from SysAid to completely take push notifications away from SysAid App without any previous notice.

Look forward to your comments