filter problem

Author

I am trying to filter the third party groups, it works fine if I put one item in the filter
e.g
assigned_group != '3rd Party - Newcomm 2000'

but if I put in
(assigned_group != '3rd Party - Newcomm 2000' or != '3rd Party - Ilient' )

i get error in query

yet i looked at one of your other filters
and the syntax shows (responsibility is null OR responsibility = 'none') which obviously works, so I added the round brackets and the word OR
So where have i gone wrong?
I didn't want to open this as a service request because I think others will benefit from the answer unless it turns out to be a bug.

SysAid CEO

techguy wrote:I am trying to filter the third party groups, it works fine if I put one item in the filter
e.g
assigned_group != '3rd Party - Newcomm 2000'

but if I put in
(assigned_group != '3rd Party - Newcomm 2000' or != '3rd Party - Ilient' )

i get error in query

yet i looked at one of your other filters
and the syntax shows (responsibility is null OR responsibility = 'none') which obviously works, so I added the round brackets and the word OR
So where have i gone wrong?
I didn't want to open this as a service request because I think others will benefit from the answer unless it turns out to be a bug.

Techguy,

Please try:

(assigned_group != '3rd Party - Newcomm 2000' or assigned_group != '3rd Party - Ilient' )

SysAid Wiz

Thanks for the prompt reply Israel,
but although the error goes away, it does not filter the results at all!
SysAid CEO

It is also logical mistake:

"X != A OR X!=B" is always true if A and B are not equal.

Maybe it should be AND:

(assigned_group != '3rd Party - Newcomm 2000' AND assigned_group != '3rd Party - Ilient' )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun. 25, 2008 09:06 AM

SysAid Wiz

Thats done the trick, yes what a classic mistake!

Thank you ever so much.

Can I ask, What is the expression syntax built on ?
sql or perl or is it a custom syntax?
SysAid Wiz

Perhaps the expression builder could be added to this in the future?

shall I log it as feature request?
SysAid CEO

Its SQL syntax and its also bring a security risk (sql injection). However not serious risk as only sysaid admin can configure that field.

Your suggestion to add expression builder to it will make it much more easy to configure and also will remove the security risk.
SysAider

I don't get it.

The filter function in customized lists ist for INclude or EXclude the found pattern??

if i write (cust_list2 = 'installiert') it shows only the assets where cust_list2 is NOT "installiert" oO

if i write (cust_list2 != 'installiert') it shows every asset containing "installiert". But also "nicht installiert" which should not be, I thought there are wildcards for that (since its just sql..)

Am I on a wrong way or is the whole filter thing "inversed"?

Best regards,
jkappen
SysAider

Hi all,

I would like to build a filter for the SR list in the end user portal.
This must be a filter containing request users.

My problem is the filter query I need to build, because the dropdown list should only contain request users with the same company as the user that's logged in.
Could anybody help me with this filter query?

Kind regards,
Erik

Davanti Warehousing
SysAid Wiz

Davanti Warehousing,

If you will turn your end users to "company supervisors", and then add the request user filter, you will limit the users to see only requests from users in the same company.

"company supervisors" is a feature available only in the full edition of SysAid, and you can assign a user as a supervisor from the user's properties page, by clicking on "design form" icon, and move the "supervisor" field from the "available fields" to "visible fields" and then save the changes.

You will then have a new field in the user's properties and in this field you can set the user as supervisor.

Best regards,
Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Hi - is there a way to create a filter for multiple groups but using a "like" function - I want to create a filter of all calls where the admin group beings "IT", so to include "IT 1st Line" and "IT 2nd Line" and "IT Purchasing" etc etc...

There are about 8 IT admin groups, and I'm keen for the filter to continue to work even if I change the name of the group, or add more...

Thanks, Nick
SysAid Wiz

nwarren wrote:Hi - is there a way to create a filter for multiple groups but using a "like" function - I want to create a filter of all calls where the admin group beings "IT", so to include "IT 1st Line" and "IT 2nd Line" and "IT Purchasing" etc etc...

There are about 8 IT admin groups, and I'm keen for the filter to continue to work even if I change the name of the group, or add more...

Thanks, Nick

assigned_group like '%IT%'
should do the job