Software Licensing

Author

There is a field listed for serial numbers on different types of software discovered by sysaid however I cannot find how to input the products serial number so that it is saved within sysaid. Any assistance?

Thanks,

Derick
SysAider

My apologies we are using v6.0.09. And had no luck with the search function.
SysAid Wiz

Hello DerickGTM.

You can manager and retrive software information using a few methods in SysAid.

If you want to manage your software licensing to be sure you are not over your license quota and have one place to store all your product keys, you can use the "software products" page (under "Asset management").

If you want to see the serial number of the installed software on each of the machines, you can see it in the "Software" tab of your assets, only some software currently have built in support to retrive the serial number (like MS products).
If the serial you want to track is not currently recognized, you can use the registry key import option. to import the serials you need directly from the client's registry.

Regards
Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAider

Is there a way to run a report in sysaid where you can obtain all Microsoft Office Keys installed in your environment?
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi majormatt,

This function is currently not available in SysAid reports, and a variation of it is a feature request #16404, to be able to create a report that displays registry keys for selected assets. There is currently no ETA for this feature request.

Let me know if this FR description is sufficient. If you'd like to create a new feature request specifically for what you've described, please create a new thread describing the function in the Feature Requests forum.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Yes this would cover what I am looking for. I really do not understand why it does not exist today as you are storing the values in the database.

Any suggestions in the meantime to scan your assets and get a report of all of the MS Office License available?
SysAider

Years and years later and still no update or response for something so simple. SMH