Chat Queue

Author

When an end user clicks the Live Chat button, are they supposed to be able to choose the queue? We are testing with two queues, but the user's chat window always defaults to one queue.
SysAid R&D

Today, Live chat button points to specific queue (under end user portal we point to support queue supplied with SysAid installation).
In the future (hopefully in the next release 7.0) we attend to allow user to select queue, but this issue is still under our product manager design process.

For now, you can embed chat icon of different queues in your own web site, using script exist under chat setting in SysAid (copy and paste it to your web site).

Hope I could help.

SysAid Mod

Am I clear on this by saying;

Create a new queue in the Chat settings, set up the icons for the queue etc.

Will the new picture display in the end user portal or do we need to add the code for the new picture to the end user portal??
SysAid Customer Success Manager

SysAid#1,

You will need to edit the HTML and add the script you can find in Preferences > Chat Settings > choose the queue and copy the "script to embed in your web sites".

Best Regards,
Itay
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider

Hanan Baranes wrote:Today, Live chat button points to specific queue (under end user portal we point to support queue supplied with SysAid installation).
In the future (hopefully in the next release 7.0) we attend to allow user to select queue, but this issue is still under our product manager design process.

For now, you can embed chat icon of different queues in your own web site, using script exist under chat setting in SysAid (copy and paste it to your web site).

Hope I could help.

Thank you, this is good news for new visitors.

Old topic but had a question.

We are into ver 9 now. Is this still being looked at?

We have three queues we need to use for our split support group.
SysAider

So, it has been over 4 years. Is this still not addressed?

I have 2 queues set up and the end user portal will still only send it to the first queue, no matter how the groups are set up and the queue rules are set up. Is there a fix for this other than recoding different webpages with the html for the correct window? For them to select the chat queue would be at least a step in the right direction, but I want to default their group to a specific queue.

I also have a low level admin account set up for a company, and their permissions that I have set up should limit them to their own company information, yet they can see all of the past chat sessions for every other company. I don't know if there is a fix for this either.
SysAider

Any update on this? We are trying to implement cross-site support teams with chat queues enabled for each support team. This is making this option impossible as we are not going to send our users to another web page to initiate the embedded code for those other chat queues. Wondering if this has been addressed or if a better work around is possible.
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Hi all,

There is no change in the default way the chat works, so yes, if you click on the chat the default queue will open.
In case you are enjoying the extra customization of the Full edition I can provide you with a decent workaround.
The workaround is to open a queue based on a user definition such as location or department for example.

If this would work for you let me know and I will gladly help you to implement it.

Ido Shomer
SysAid
SysAider

Any update on this?