Problem with Thai Characters

Author
Message
SysAider
36

Sawasdee krub,(Thai traditional greeting)

I am working on setting SysAid with Thai support but everywhere I type in Thai I saw only in Thia when I typed it in. After save and looked it them again it appeared as "??????".

SysAid_Admin_Portal

SysAid_Messages

SysAid_Account_Defaults

SysAid_MySettings_Before_Save

SysAid_MySettings_After_Save

You please kindly suggest on how to make SysAid support Thai. (^_^)
SysAid Customer Success Manager
1092

Hi Songkrant,

In order to configure Thai fonts on SysAid, please download a Unicode Font for Thai characters from https://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_ChineseSimplified.html (Simplified Han Ideographs). Please download the appropriate ZIP FILE, extract the file and then rename it to ARIAL.TTF and place it in ...SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\conf\fonts. After that, restart the SysAid Server service.

Please let us know which one of the Font fix your issue.

Best regards,
Itay
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider
36

Sawasdee krub Khun Itay,(Thai traditional greeting)

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I did as your instruction but it still be ???

Is this the correct command for restarting the SysAid Server service?

sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat restart

I am running SysAid on Ubuntu 9.04 2.6.28-17-generic

The following is what I got from
https://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Thai.html

Garuda-BoldOblique.ttf Sawasdee.ttf
Garuda-Bold.ttf TlwgMono-BoldOblique.ttf
Garuda-Oblique.ttf TlwgMono-Bold.ttf
Garuda.ttf TlwgMono-Oblique.ttf
Kinnari-BoldItalic.ttf TlwgMono.ttf
Kinnari-BoldOblique.ttf TlwgTypewriter-BoldOblique.ttf
Kinnari-Bold.ttf TlwgTypewriter-Bold.ttf
Kinnari-Italic.ttf TlwgTypewriter-Oblique.ttf
Kinnari-Oblique.ttf TlwgTypewriter.ttf
Kinnari.ttf TlwgTypist-BoldOblique.ttf
Loma-BoldOblique.ttf TlwgTypist-Bold.ttf
Loma-Bold.ttf TlwgTypist-Oblique.ttf
Loma-Oblique.ttf TlwgTypist.ttf
Loma.ttf TlwgTypo-BoldOblique.ttf
Norasi-BoldItalic.ttf TlwgTypo-Bold.ttf
Norasi-BoldOblique.ttf TlwgTypo-Oblique.ttf
Norasi-Bold.ttf TlwgTypo.ttf
Norasi-Italic.ttf Umpush-BoldOblique.ttf
Norasi-Oblique.ttf Umpush-Bold.ttf
Norasi.ttf Umpush-LightOblique.ttf
Purisa-BoldOblique.ttf Umpush-Light.ttf
Purisa-Bold.ttf Umpush-Oblique.ttf
Purisa-Oblique.ttf Umpush.ttf
Purisa.ttf Waree-BoldOblique.ttf
Sawasdee-BoldOblique.ttf Waree-Bold.ttf
Sawasdee-Bold.ttf Waree-Oblique.ttf
Sawasdee-Oblique.ttf Waree.ttf

I had rename Garuda.ttf to replace ARIAL.TTF in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/sysaid/WEB-INF/conf/fonts
and it is still ??? after restarting tomcat.

Do you suggest to try one at a time rename all above fonts to be ARIAL.TTF and restart tomcat to check?

Best Regards,
(^_^)
Songkrant
SysAid R&D
32

Hi Songkrant,

try to download and use COURMON.TTF from this site : https://software.thai.net/tis-620/courierthai.html

i hope it will work, but don't forget to stop the sysaid service before replacing the file and start it back again after that.

Best regards,
Firas
SysAider
36

Sawasdee krub Khun Firass R&D, (Thai traditional greeting)

Please kindly confirm that I did the right step to use the font "courmon.ttf"

1. Get "courmon.ttf" file.

nids@nids-2000:~$ wget https://software.thai.net/download/fonts/courmon.ttf
--2010-01-06 20:57:31-- https://software.thai.net/download/fonts/courmon.ttf
Resolving cache.psu.ac.th... 192.168.96.11
Connecting to cache.psu.ac.th|192.168.96.11|:8080... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 208844 (204K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `courmon.ttf'

100%[======================================>] 208,844 1.21M/s in 0.2s

2010-01-06 20:57:32 (1.21 MB/s) - `courmon.ttf' saved [208844/208844]

2. Stop SysAid

nids@nids-2000:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat stop
[sudo] password for nids:
Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

3. Move the font file to SysAid fonts directory.

nids@nids-2000:~$ sudo mv courmon.ttf /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/sysaid/WEB-INF/conf/fonts

nids@nids-2000:~$ ls -l /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/sysaid/WEB-INF/conf/fonts total 9628
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 352224 2010-01-06 05:35 ARIALBD.TTF
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 221756 2010-01-06 05:35 ARIALBI.TTF
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 200684 2010-01-06 05:35 ARIALI.TTF
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 367112 2010-01-06 05:35 ARIAL.TTF
-rw-r--r-- 1 nids nids 208844 2005-04-18 15:36 courmon.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2436 2009-12-23 02:56 encodings.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23703 2009-12-23 02:56 fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23703 2009-12-23 02:56 fonts.scale
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 84872 2009-12-23 02:56 Garuda-BoldOblique.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 75364 2009-12-23 02:56 Garuda-Bold.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85500 2009-12-23 02:56 Garuda-Oblique.ttf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 73732 2009-12-23 02:56 Garuda.ttf

4. Start SysAid

nids@nids-2000:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat start
Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

5. Then I tested and I got the result as shown on the screen attached captured file.

Do I miss any instruction?

Best Regards.
(^_^)
สงกรานต์
SysAider
2

สวัสดีครับ Sawasdee Krub,

You have to set your Internet browser to use encoding UTF-8 to post.

ตั้งค่า character encoding บนตัวเวปเบราเซอร์ใ้ห้เป็น UTF-8 ก่อนครับ แล้วค่อยพิมพ์ภาษาไทย ผมเข้าใจว่าค่าปริยายเป็น Thai (Windows) หรือไม่ก็ Thai (TIS) อยู่ครับ

Brgds,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 07, 2010 05:32 AM

When you move beyond your fear, you feel free!
SysAider
36

สวัสดีครับคุณ WannaDrunk

ยินดีมากครับที่มีผู้ใช้งาน SysAid ภาคไทย ผมใช้ค่า UTF-8 มาตลอดครับ

คุณ WannaDrunk ใช้ server อะไรครับ ผมใช้ Ubuntu Desktop 9.04 และใช้ MySQL เป็น SysAid database

(^_^)
สงกรานต์
SysAid Customer Success Manager
1092

Please let us know if you solved the issue.

Best regards,
Itay
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider
36

Sawasdee krub Khun Itay,(Thai traditional greeting)

Thank you very much for your follow up.

It is still the issue. From the user portal, I Submit a Service Request and I correctly got my e-mail Ticket correctly in Thai and English.

But when I viewed my ticket in the View Your Service History, as you may see in the I still no not get the correct Thai reading but only the time and date were display in Thai correctly.

Any further instruction will be greatly appreciated.

I am stuck with this Thai character issue.

I hope that you will help me figure this out before my trial expired:
Your account psu_trial
Serial key for your account 71CF5547D9E789A7
Expiration Date 2010-01-24

My Boss want to have it work in Thai then he will give me the GO to buy SysAid Full Version.
(^_^)
Best Regards,
SysAid Customer Success Manager
1092

Hi Songkrant,

Which Database are you using at the moment?

Regards,
Itay
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider
37

Hi Songkrant,

I had been experienced the same issue with you in Chinese language environment. And it was already fixed.

You should check the configuration file for jdbc connection with database since the default coding is latin1, you should change it to utf-8 in order to display Thai charactors correctly.

For example if you are using mysql database on linux, you should exec the following command:

sudo vim /etc/mysql/my.cnf

and add the following two lines in mysqld file.

character_set_server=utf8
character_set_client=utf8

In one word, if the coding is set correctly(utf- with database, SysAid can display any language correctly.

The font type of Thai charactor printed in html page is controlled by css file instead of ARIAL.TTF file.

ARIAL.TTF is only used when you export data from SysAid to exteral file format, such as PDF, CSV or Excel. You should replace the original ARIAL.TTF with one of Thai font files for printing correct Thai language in PDF, CSV or Excel.

Thx,

Mshi
SysAider
2

Songkrant wrote:สวัสดีครับคุณ WannaDrunk

ยินดีมากครับที่มีผู้ใช้งาน SysAid ภาคไทย ผมใช้ค่า UTF-8 มาตลอดครับ

คุณ WannaDrunk ใช้ server อะไรครับ ผมใช้ Ubuntu Desktop 9.04 และใช้ MySQL เป็น SysAid database

(^_^)
สงกรานต์

As this community have more English speaking, we better share our experience in English.

I test it on Windows XP PC. Just a quick and short test. Have no time to learn more...

Once you are using MySQL, could you please check what character set it use? Read more https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/charset-mysql.html

In Thai wrote:
ผมทดลองเล่นๆ บน XP ครับ ไม่มีเวลาเล่นเยอะ

หากคุณใช้ MySQL ลองตรวจสอบว่าใช้ character set อะไรสำหรับ DB นะครับ อ่านเพิ่มเติม https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/charset-mysql.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 15, 2010 10:31 AM

When you move beyond your fear, you feel free!
SysAider
36

Thank you mshi. I did as your suggestion above with
sudo vim /etc/mysql/my.cnf
and add the following two lines in mysqld file.
character_set_server=utf8
character_set_client=utf8

I this got Thai characters as ?????????

From Eli's response below
Subject: Re: Temporary License Has Expired need to buy Full version & Thai Character Support #282105
From: "Eli Matoren - SysAid Customer Support" <helpdesk@sysaid.com>
Date: Mon, February 8, 2010 8:56 pm
To: songkrant.m@psu.ac.th
Cc: sales@sysaid.com
helpdesk@sysaid.com

Dear Songkrant Muneenaem,

Thank you for contacting SysAid Support.

We have gone ahead and sent you in a separate email a Trial license as requested.
In SysAid Server the encoding is defined in My setting s and Account Defaults.
To find the encoding please login to PHP Admin and then you can see the collations of the encoding of the database.

You can receive the translations for free by login into our SysAid Community forum and search for the specific language.

Please let me know if that resolves your issue. If not, or you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Eli Matoren, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP,
Toll Free Call Center (U.S.): +1 800 686 7047
Tel (U.S.): +1 617 231 0124
Fax (U.S.): +1 617 507 2559
Tel (Israel): +972 3 533 3675
Fax (Israel): +972 3 761 7205
https://www.sysaid.com
See you in Vegas โ€“ SysAid Technology Conference 2010
>> https://www.sysaidconf.com

-----
This is my current status:

SysAider