Web Forms

Author

Settings

Customize

Web Forms

Creating a web form generates HTML code that allows you to embed the Submit Incident form into any website of your choosing.

You can review saved web forms by clicking the Modify link. You can delete saved web forms by clicking the Delete link.

Creating a new web form

To create a new web form and embed the Submit SR from into the website of your choosing:

1. Click on the Images Directory link and copy the css.zip file to the location where you store files for your website.
  2. Extract the css.zip file. This creates the css directory and several sub directories.
  3. Download the Master.css file by right clicking on the Html Settings link and then choosing to "Save file as...". Save this file in the css directory you created in step 2. Do not change the file name when you save it.
  4. Click the New Form button. This opens a new window where you can design your web form.

Designing a new web form

5. Using the right and left arrows, choose which fields you would like to appear on your new Submit Incident form. You can make any field required, and you can also choose to mark a field as hidden. For more information about the Required, Hidden, and Default value fields, please go here.
  6. Once you've added all necessary fields, you can preview your form from the Preview tab.

Previewing your new web form

7. Once you're satisfied with how your form looks, click on the HTML Code tab.

HTML code for your new web form

8. Copy the HTML code into a new web page. (Click Save on the HTML Code tab after copying the code if you would like to reuse this web form at a later time.)
  9. Save the web page in the same directory that holds the css folder you created earlier (do not save it in the css folder).
  10. Make any desired changes to the HTML code of the new page you've created, including formatting it to fit the look and feel of your website.
  11. You can now link to the new HTML page from within your website. You can even embed the page as a frame, if you like.

Users can now use the new web page to submit a service record directly from your website, without needing to log into SysAid first.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr. 12, 2010 04:43 AM

KDT
Super SysAider

I would like our form to have the category pre-set. Do you have an example of how to set the form so it will get assigned to a category?

Thanks
Karen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 26, 2017 05:56 PM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi Karen,

This can either be built by our Professional Services team, in which case I suggest contacting your account manager; or by setting up an escalation rule that looks at ticket source: Web form, and sets the ticket to specific category.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hey guys,

Is there a way to create a new Web Form to requests? Or is it just possible to incidents?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jonys,

This is possible only for incidents directly. You can however add a hidden custom field to the form with a specific default value, and later create an escalation rule that changes the type of ticket with this value from incident to request.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

I was looking to work with Web Forms but when I look in my customization options area I do not have that option listed. I only have Forms.

Could this be a difference between the Cloud and On Premise versions?

We are running On Premise v19.2.30 b20

Thanks.

Hi kgrande,

Could you attach a screenshot of what you are referring to and how you see it on your side? The menu item itself and the page itself.

Thanks,
Danny