API

Author

Settings

Integration

SysAid API

The SysAid API allows you to connect third party programs and code to your SysAid. This can be used to insert data into your SysAid or to pull information for use in other applications.

The API gives you access to the following SysAid entities for editing, creation, and deletion:

• Catalog Items
  • CIs
  • CI Relationship Types
  • CI Types
  • Companies
  • Assets
  • Projects
  • Service Records
  • Service Record Activities
  • Software Products
  • Suppliers
  • Administrators/End Users
  • Tasks

Sample uses for the SysAid API include interfacing SysAid with another database, such as the supplier DB used in your purchasing department, or the creation of service records by 3rd party software. Another example is updating non AD/LDAP users from a separate CRM software.

For further SysAid API resources, please view the SysAid API Guide.

To get started using the SysAid API, open the wsdl file in your development environment of choice. The API interface should load automatically. From there, your programming knowledge and skill will guide you.

API.JPG

Updating the API

SysAid allows you to create custom fields in your database from Settings > Customize > Fields Customization> (Choose an Entity) > Custom Columns. In order to be able to use these custom fields in the API, you must update the API. You must have Java Development Kit 6 installed in order to perform this update.

To update the API

1. Input the location of your Java 6 bin directory.
  2. Click Save Java Location.
  3. Click Update API (this will update the wsdl file).
  4. Restart the SysAid Server service.
  5. Reload the wsdl file in your development environment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May. 17, 2010 06:52 AM

SysAider

Hello, for more information about to use this API : https://www.sysaid.com/sysaid-API.htm (thanks sivanm)

Its possible to describe the functionnality about this webservice (what is the goal of this webservices) :

-> executeApiSysAidObjectAction(long sessionId, ApiSysaidObject apiSysObj, String actionName, Object[] actionParams)
-> executeSelectQuery(long sessionId, ApiSysaidObject apiSysObj, String condition)
-> getApiSysAidObjectActions(long sessionId, ApiSysaidObject apiSysObj)

Thanks

SysAider

Hi there,

It is great that an API is available with the enterprise edition, but the documentation is lacking!.

Is there any documentation apart from a list of classes with broken navigation?
An example of how to open, update and close a service request would be nice.

I have the API on v8.1.02 Enterprise Edition and can see the classes provided by the web service in Visual Basic 2010.
However with just a list of classes as the documentation, I cannot really do anything.

SysAid Technical Writer

Hi deChrLam,

Please check out our new SysAid API Guide!

It's still a work in progress, so make sure to check it out from time to time for updates.
SysAider

Is the guide still being updated? Because honestly, I've found these forum posts to be more useful....
https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/10105.page
https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/10218.page

The SysaidApiService definitions are nice, but figuring that out is the easy part, it's the lacking documentation of the other objects like the apiServiceRequest (the important object that lets you create and submit your tickets) and finding the instructions on how to update the API to look at your custom columns that make this thing so cumbersome. Also, why do I have to build this service in a new project? Why can't I just incorporate it into an existing project and hook it up that way? There's no explanation for this and you only figure this out through trial and error, which is a waste of time for those who just want or need to get a working solution setup. Also not including .NET is kind of an odd omission considering how popular C# is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 26, 2014 02:19 PM

SysAider

When I download the WSDL to create a Java WS client I have this error:
Too many parameters, parameter custTextField8 is exceeding the limit of 255 words eligible for method parameters