Search for PST files on assets

Author

Hi there, this may be a combination of asset/reporting. Is there a way to make a report that gives the location of all psts on any computer asset?
If we can pull software info, can we search for specific file types?

Thanks!
Shawn
SysAid Customer Relations

Hi Shawn,

Currently, SysAid doesn't support such feature that allows you to search for a file in the system. However, I have forwarded your suggestion to our feature request forum.
If/when we decide to include such feature in future versions, you will be notified.
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider

Hi support,

Is this function implemented now?
I would like to have notiification of the large size PST files (19.5GB) with exact location when the file date is not elder than the day before yesterday.

Beny

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug. 04, 2015 04:10 AM

SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi,

You can use the Monitoring module to write a custom monitoring script in VB to perform this action.

Alternatively, if you wish to submit a feature request for this functionality, let me know and I'll move it to the Feature Requests forum, but this process is slower and no ETA can be given on it.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Danny,

How could you create a custom monitoring script for this? The custom monitoring can only handle output True/False (1/0), it can't output text like file location etc, or have I misunderstood?

Cheers,
Otto