Online Help Introduction

Author

SysAid Online Help

Welcome to the SysAid Online Help!

At SysAid, we pride ourselves on offering you a product that is very easy to use. We know that many of our customers dive right into SysAid without ever consulting the documentation. However, as with any great product, there are many features that you might never find on your own due to the depth and breadth of the software.

The SysAid online help files provide you with:

• A description of the functionality of every page within the software
  • Step-by-step instructions for multi-step processes
  • Tips and suggestions for getting the most out of your SysAid

Each .jsp page within SysAid has a corresponding page in the help file, and you can open that page by clicking on your user name in the top right corner of any SysAid screen and choosing Help. Once inside the help files, you can navigate using the tree you see to the left, or by using the hyperlinks embedded within the help files.

Finding the information you need within the help files

Follow the five steps below and you will always be certain to find the information you seek.

1. Each page in SysAid is linked to a page within the help files, so it is usually very easy to find what you are looking for. Simply go to the page in SysAid where you have a question and click on your user name in the top right corner and choose Help. This will open the appropriate page in the help files.
  2. If the help file you are looking at does not contain the answer to your question, there may be a hyperlink inside that will redirect you to the page that does. If there is, click on it.
  3. Be sure to read the User Comments added at the bottom of each help file. It's possible that somebody has already asked your question and received an answer.
  4. If there are no User Comments asking your question, you can post the question yourself. Simply click Post reply and add your question to the bottom of the appropriate page. Either a SysAid representative or a fellow SysAider will be sure to answer your question.
  5. If you have combed through all the help files and still don't see what you're looking for, you can always contact our support team by email at helpdesk@sysaid.com or by chat through our website. They will give you a personalized response to your question, and they will follow up to make sure you are satisfied with the answer.

Questions? Comments?

If you would like to make a comment related to a specific page in the help files, you can simply post your comment to that page using the Post reply button. You can also email us at helpdesk@sysaid.com Attn: Technical Writing with any suggestions you might have. We are always trying to improve the help files, so we are very happy to receive your feedback.

SysAider

First I have to say you have one of the better help sites that I've seen. Your documentation is clearly written, well organized, and I especially like the integrated user comments at the bottom of each page.

I do however have one minor gripe. I hate the use of frames for navigation because it prevents the URL from changing when a new topic is selected which has a number of negative consequences especially for 3rd party markup and snippet tools which I like to use for documentation. It also makes bookmarking a specific page tedious as I have to do so manually by looking at the actual link to a page in the navigation frame.

I'm sure you're using a 3rd party tool for your help documentation so you're probably limited in how you can modify it. However, if the software you use has a frameless option I strongly vote for this as it would make bookmarking and working with your documentation significantly easier.

SysAid Product Manager

Hi TomPhelan,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very appreciated!
In response to your comment, we’re aware of this issue and we’re working hard to improve the interface of the Online Aid pages.
As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions as to how we may further improve our help site.

Best,
Sivan
SysAider

tanx
S+
SysAider

Do you have any 3rd party plugins for SysAid?
Do you have any market place from where we can purchase such plugins?
SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi S+,

If you're using SysAid Cloud, you can see the available third-party integrations over at Settings > Integration > Third-Party Integrations. If you're using On-Premise, you can view this forum thread for a list of available integrations. If you're looking for any other integration not included in the list, please let us know

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hi Team,

unable to login due to forget my user name and password.

my mail id is [redacted]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul. 23, 2017 11:11 AM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi Sunil,

I've sent you a private message and edited out your email.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

i am looking for the new free platform