[ask] how do you create e-mail warning for an impending ticket to be escalated automatically

Author

Hi, I just want to ask...

In my organization, a ticket is escalated automatically to me, the project manager, if the due-date is reached. It happens quite often. Is there somehow any form notifications (e-mail, sms, etc.) that informs me that a particular ticket is nearing its due-date (5-6 hours before due-date)? I need it so that I can remind the engineer in-charge to follow-up the issue accordingly.

How can I do this? if yes, can you show me the how-to's of turning on this warning?

Thanks!
th
SysAid Mod

You can do this by an escalation rule. You'll have to think twice about the escalation level though. Ideally this rule would have level 0 but in this case you would have to find a way to change the request by the escalation rule to make sure it does not escalate over and over again. I for example use an escalation rule if the due time is reached too. This rule has level 0 and sets the SR to the status "overdue".
SysAider

thanks for the reply...

Yes, I know the risk of using escalation, and its running quite fine. But the problem is, I cannot control which SR is nearing the due date, if I can know this, I can remind my engineers / helpdesk staff to follow up the SR immediately.

Please, help me...
SysAid CEO

Hi,

TH had an excellent idea for you but i may have an edition to it.

Define a new status "nearly due" or something like that, simply that by looking at the status you will know where you stand you could also get email notification.
set an escalation rule that will change the status of the SR X time before there due date is expired to this staus.

this will provide a visual list for your teach guys of SR that are going to be over due & you will be notify.

let me know what you think of my suggesion.

have a great day
sarah
SysAider

Thanks Sarah for your ince input... I think I know what you mean, but I didnt know where to start... can you give me a step-by-step how-to?

Thanks!
SysAider

sorry, the problem is, I cannot change the status without telling the local IT (I was outsourced) and it can be a nuissance.

Maybe an an external program will help this problem.

I hope the external program can help..
Elite SysAider

If I create the new statuses "Nearly Due" and "Overdue" and create escalation rules accordingly, will these statuses be visible when I chose "Active" as the filter?

If I add other statuses, is there a way to define which ones are considered "Active" and which are not?
SysAider

Hi Harold.Ballinger,

Make sure that the new statuses "Nearly Due" and "Overdue" you create in

Customize --> Customized List --> List ( Select Status) and ensure that the class for the new statues is set to Open, Make sure save the changes.

Regards
Elite SysAider

I feel like such a dummy. I just hadn't looked at that screen to see that there was the extra column for class

Thanks!
Elite SysAider

Actually, I just tried this, and I can't choose which of my new categories show up as part of the "Active" filter. I guess I need to modify my filter?
SysAider

I have to resort to making an external program for this issue..

But really, is there any scripts that I can add on to Sysaid so I can get notification e-mail on a certain hours before its due date?
SysAider

Hi, there.

Using the escalation rule, you can create a rule "Nearly Due" wherein you can escalate before due time, and then notify the assigned administrator and the user who submitted the SR.

You can also re-assign the SR to other administrator.

This also applies to the "Over Due" SRs.

MelCon
SysAid CEO

Hello all,

First democles I don’t think you will find an external scripts that you could add on to SysAid to be able to do so & I don’t recommend doing so as upgrades could run over this script.

I only recommend using the already available tools within SysAid (as we are currently discussing adding statuses).

Harold.Ballinger you need to edit your active filter please go to helpdesk list-> click on design form function -> highlight ${list.status.caption} click on edit -> highlight ${list.active} then you will see under Filter expression a list of numbers (as you could see in the attached email), to this list you will need to add the number showing next to your new added statuses under preferences -> customize -> customize list -> status list.

Please let me know if you have succeeded in changing your filter.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sarah
filter.ppt
SysAid Wiz

Sarah, this is a very commonly asked question (one that I have asked myself in the past), in the next version could the active filter just be based on the class of "open" and then this issue would go away for everyone.

Thats why we asked you to add the extra filters to your end user portal because I presume if the active filter was based on the class "open" it would have shown bug fixes and feature requests as well in the first place (unless you happen to class these as not open for some reason).

Do you know what the correct sql syntax would be to put in to the active filter now, to query the class of the status instead, for everything with a class of "open" ?

SysAid CEO

Dear Tech guy,

In our new installation we do use a new filter based on classes.

But it does not apply to upgrades please use the attached screenshot to define the filter based on open classes if you want to.

PN- in our helpdesk configuration it will not work but thank you for the suggestion.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Sarah

StatusFilter.ppt