SysAid HelpDesk App Beta version for Android has been released!!!

Author

Dear SysAiders,

UPDATE: The app in it's latest release is now available for download in the Android Market

The attachment has been removed from this post - please obtain the official version - Thanks for taking part in testing !

As you may already know... we are soon going to release SysAid Helpdesk App for Android and it will be available in the market for free download.

In the meanwhile, those of you who would like to take part in the Beta testing of the App can do so following the below instructions:

1. On your device, go to Settings->Applications and mark the Unknown sources option as selected.
2. From your device, open the following link to download Android SysAid App
***Removed please obtain the application from the market ****

We really appreciate your cooperation and waiting for your feedbacks.

Sivan

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May. 26, 2015 10:42 AM

SysAider

I installed it but when I point it to my server it says host cannot be resolved. any ideas?
SysAider

Very nice! Installed the app and was able to immediately get it working... Awesome!

I would recommend adding a button to shutdown the app instead of having it run in the background all of the time... Currently to end the app I have to kill the task.
SysAid Customer Relations

Hi OTTO,

Please let us know what did you wrote in the server address.
Make sure you are using the correct port, try with IP or HostName. Make sure you are in the same LAN.
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider

For server address I used the hostname and the IP and nothing. Same error. Im out of Ideas at this point
SysAider

If your SysAid server is internal to your network, you'll need to access it via an internal WiFi connection on your device. If it's public, then you should be able to get it via your mobile network provider. I'm curious to know among SysAid deployments, how many are internal only, and how many are public.
SysAider

This is great news, thank you for taking interest in the upcoming android platform. I am using the Motorola droid and had no issues logging into my server and viewing tickets. Two things so far is it force closes when switching from landscape/portrait modes, and it is not saving my login info when I reopen the app. Great proof of concept though and I am looking forward to it. Thanks again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug. 03, 2010 09:42 AM

SysAider

We are running internal only at the moment, only because we dont need to go external, but we will be making the move to an external broadcast so that we can take advantage of the app.
SysAider

This is great!!. Finally an app for Android. I installed with no problems on my Droid, but just like WRLawyer said, it force closes when switched from portrait to landscape, also when i tried to type in the username and password with the keyboard, i was able to see the server and username fields but not the password, it wouldn't scroll. Also the search tab is not formatted right as i am barely able to see the search button and the SR quick access button. I am using FroYo in case you need the information.
SysAider

working working... Awesome! in froyo 2.2
1. need to add send message so you can handle the tickets when you are outside office.

would be great !
SysAid Product Manager

Hi all,

A new Android beta version has been uploaded!
The new version includes a fix for the login page that allows you to easily navigate between the fields (Next and Done buttons).

Please download the new version from the following link:
** Removed - please obtain the app from the market **

Again, thank you all for your feedbacks!

Sivan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep. 06, 2010 09:08 AM

SysAider

After upgrading my HTC Evo phone to Froyo/Andorid 2.2 I downloaded the updated SysAid App you posted today.

When I try to launch it I get a message saying "Sorry! The application com.sysaid (process com.sysaid has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"

Has anyone else had this issue?
SysAider

Getting force closes when switching from portrait to landscape view.

Moto Droid (2.1)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug. 04, 2010 01:50 PM

SysAider

jberman wrote:After upgrading my HTC Evo phone to Froyo/Andorid 2.2 I downloaded the updated SysAid App you posted today.

When I try to launch it I get a message saying "Sorry! The application com.sysaid (process com.sysaid has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes. On my Moto Droid running 2.1 it would launch but force close when rotating the screen from potrait to landscape. I updated to Froyo (2.2) earlier today and now the app won't launch. I get the same error as you.
SysAid Product Manager

Hi all,

A new Android beta version has been released!

Below is the list of issues that were fixed:

1.force closes when rotating the device to landscape view
("Sorry! The application com.sysaid (process com.sysaid has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close" message)
2. Login page issues (Saving illegal login data)

Please download the new version from the following link:
** Removed - please obtain the app from the market **

Thanks!
Sivan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep. 06, 2010 09:08 AM