SysAid Agent + Sysaid Tool test version 7.0.06L

Author

Hello SysAiders,

please find attached files for test version SysAid agent + Sysaid tool 7.0.06L

This new agent should solve the following issues:
1. Agent crash in some platforms - bug 6477
2. Blank page & Agent is only opening the end user portal if double clicking on the icon twice - bug 6473
3. RC malfunction from chat or from SR - bug 6470
4. Agent does not recognize and report plugin of USB devices - bug 4872
5. Agent setting - icon wasn't established on remote agent - bug 4579

Please note - this is a test version - not yet a production version. Please install it carefully on some machines and please send us comments as reply to this topic.

We really appreciate your cooperation and waiting for your comments.

Thanks

Hanan Baranes
SysAid R&D
SysAidTools.exe
SysAidAgent.exe

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug. 22, 2010 10:46 AM

Elite SysAider

Have deployed to various computers and have found the following:

- On Windows XP machines: IliAS.EXE consumes 100% of the CPU

- On Windows 7 machines: the computer basically stalls out, even though the CPU is running at about 20 - 30%.

Removing agents and then redeploying 7.0.05 resolves these issues.
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Hi adietz,

Thank you very much for the information you gave us, I forward this information to our development department for further investigation.
It will really help if you can add some debug logs from the problematic assets.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAid R&D

Hi Adietz,

We have tried to reproduce the problem you mentioned on our XP. physical and Virtual machines , this problem wasn't reproducible.
A support representative will contact you soon and will help in solving the problem you mentioned.

If any other Sysaiders experiences a problem like was described in Adietz post, Please, feel free to share it with us.

Thank You

SysAid R&D
Lior Calif

Elite SysAider

I am working on getting another computer setup for testing so that I can collect some logs, I will probably have it operational sometime next week as I have been out of the office most of this week.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I opened an SR for you, please response ASAP.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Itay
Elite SysAider

Hi Itay,

I just installed on test machine w/ logs on, will update the SR if / when I see the performance hit.

Alex
Elite SysAider

I have just installed the SysAid Agent. It does not consume much in resources. So far so good...

Thank you for the update Paul.

Alex, did you managed to resolve your issue?
Best Regards,
Itay

Dear Alex,

Can you please update us on the status of this service request, has this issue been resolved?

Looking forward to your response.
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider

100% CPU here also in Windows XP Machines

I've found this in several ones.
Checkout the day I joined

Hi SirLouen,

09/09/09 nice lol

I opened an SR for you. Please reply so we can schedule a remote control session.
Best Regards,
Itay
SysAider

Any ideas why I am unable to install the 7.0.06L agent? I enter my account details (copy and pasted from the Helpdesk settings page, just to be sure) and the installer gives me an HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorised error popup, followed by a popup that says "Invalid Account Information". I'm installing as a local admin.

Hi SillyGroupIT,

Please send us email to helpdesk@sysaid.com or open a SR in https://helpdesk.sysaid.com regarding this issue with short description, screenshots, link to the post and the support team will contact you.
Best Regards,
Itay