USB drives and the Asset Changes report

Author
SysAider

I run the Asset changes report daily to check that no one is breaching any of our firms IT policy. It picks up when people plug iPods or Walkmans into there PC but doesn't seem to pick up USB drives being plugged in. Is there anything I can do to get this report to let me know when someone has plugged a USB drive into their PC?
Eli
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Dear ml4,

We have tested a USB drive on one of our computer it detect the USB drive being present and also when I removed the USB drive from the computer.
Please run the same tests on one of your systems and check the Activity Log tab of the asset to see if the changes are recorded.
ml4
SysAider

Sorry I wasn't specific enough in my original post. Sysaid does pick up external USB hard disc drives but it does not pick up USB data sticks. Is there a way that it will?
Eli
SysAid Customer Success Manager

Dear ml4,

According to our testing environment the usb data stick works. So we will need to check why
it is not working in your environment.
So we would like to schedule a remote control session with you to investigate this issue.
Please send us an email to helpdesk@sysaid.com with your contact information.

Best Regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug. 04, 2008 08:49 AM

ml4
SysAider

I've looked into this again and it looks like the problem was with my eye to brain interface

I'll double check the problem exists before I post next time