Tip of the Month: Manage Your Tasks with SysAid Reminder!

Author

Hello Everyone,
A normal day in the office is usually a busy one. A common workplace experience we all share is having a hard time remembering everything we plan to do during our day. In order to stay on top of your game, incorporate the SysAid Reminder feature, and let it automatically remind you of your tasks –making your life significantly easier. This is one of SysAid’s many tools that can help you manage your tasks and time, and ensure that you never forget an important responsibility at the office.

SysAid Reminder feature is available under Preferences -> Reminder:

You could define a reminder based on any field date in the system from Asset, CI, Task or Project.
Even the customer date fields are available.

You could use the notification template to decide what the Reminder output will be—from SMS to mail or a Service Request.

I will finish my tip with an example of a common scenario where this feature could come in very handy:
If you updated a maintenance expiration date on your assets, and set a reminder to when this date is due, the Reminder feature will alert you of the task—leaving you no way to forget this important date.

Next month is the new SysAid 8.0 release—wishing a happy “beta time” to all of us!

Sarah

SysAider

Hello,

I made a new reminder: we have licences what expired every year at a date... I configured an event, and I set it - see up.. but it doesent work.. In event log we have: Reminder Licenc(Firm) executed with errors. Please see the log file. - the question where is this log file?
Best Regards,
Lorand

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan. 09, 2013 06:15 PM

SysAid Customer Relations

Dear hlorand,

First I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I am part of the SysAid Customer Relations Team, currently in the position of your Account Manager.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in case of any issue or question.

My e-Mail address is helpdesk@sysaid.com / Toll-free +1 617 231 0124

As for you question, you can find the log file, which is "sysaid.log" under the following directory on your SysAid Server:

...Program Files\SysAidServer\root\WEB-INF\logs

- Note if you have a 32-bit installation of SysAid the first dir would be ...Program Files (x86)

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mark.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan. 10, 2013 03:22 PM