Screenshots: Get a Sneak Preview of SysAid 8.5 Beta

Author

We’re excited to announce that next week, on January 10th, the Beta version of SysAid 8.5 will be released! If you have an itch to check out the Beta, and you have not yet signed up for our Pathfinders Program, it’s not too late - you can sign up here.

Meanwhile, though, we are ready to wet your appetites with just a few of the many things you’ll be experiencing in SysAid 8.5.

SysAid Mobility Takes Another Leap Forward
We’ve given a new mobile interface in the End-User Portal, and significantly upgraded our mobile apps with an enhanced UI and added key functionalities.

Interactive Logon Architecture Now Incorporated Into the Upgraded Password Services
With a newly implemented interactive logon architecture, end users will be able to access the Password Services wizard directly from their Windows login screen.

Get a 360◦ Bird’s-Eye View of Your Assets With Asset Management Dashboard
The new Asset Management Dashboard will help you easily analyze, in a hierarchical tree view, all the data surrounding your assets: Incidents, Problems, Changes, Monitoring Data.

And there’s much, much more. Stay tuned…you won’t be disappointed!

SysAider

New mobile interface looks good is there a feature list or change list currently available. I like sysaid but could not invest in it in its current form as it did not effectively monitor System Events, or support mac's effectively. The lack of dual screen support is also a problem I would love to know if any of these are resolved in 8.5. Keep up the good work.
SysAider

Hi there.

Will there be an iPad app in the new version?

Thank you.

Ron.
SysAid VP Product

Hi rvanscherpe,

iPad app is not a part of the new release, we are however working on a solution for tablets that we plan to introduce later during 2012.

Regards,

Oded

SysAid Wiz

Hi Oded

HD is an iPad app but also high time we get one! I'm looking forward to the next beta phase of SysAid

Greetings from the Saarland / Germany
SysAider

Any chance they will add the ability to edit how often escalation rules run? I know it's currently every 5 minutes, but I would like to be able to create some rules that run every 24 hours.
SysAider

Any plans for implementing some sort of automated software installation? For example a request comes in for an installation of Office.
The request goes through an automated approval process and then once approved the requested software is automatically installed.

I believe Numara's Footprints does something like this.

This would be the final feature for you guys. You seem to have the whole 'soup to nuts' almost.

Thank you.

Ron.

Super SysAider

When is RC going to be refined so its usable?
SysAider

Any rules to automatically group assets?
SysAider

I'd also like to see routing based rules on key word strings either in the subject line or body. ie Subject:New Hire where "New Hire" would
kick off a new hire routing process HR->Finance->IT

Thanks!

Ron
SysAider

Any plans for implementing some sort of automated software installation? For example a request comes in for an installation of Office.
The request goes through an automated approval process and then once approved the requested software is automatically installed.

I believe Numara's Footprints does something like this.

This would be the final feature for you guys. You seem to have the whole 'soup to nuts' almost.

Thank you.

Ron.

I agree with Ron. We lost few implementations of this software because of the missing feature he mentiones above. This feature gives distributed implementations ability to have full control over assets from central location. I hope this gets added to the feature list and added to the SysAid soon.

The keyword based rule also sounds great. It enables an effective implementation of experts.
SysAid Marketing

I'm so glad to see all the interest in the upcoming Beta!

I want to remind you that if you sign up as a Pathfinder, you will be privy to receiving the Beta 8.5 release on Tuesday, Jan 10th. Along with the download packages, we will also have Release Notes available to you, so you will know exactly what 8.5 includes.

You can sign up to be a Pathfinder here.

If you have suggestions and requests regarding missing functionalities, we have a dedicated forum for that - https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/forums/show/101.page. We encourage you to use this forum and influence the inclusion of new features in our twice-a-year deliveries of major releases.
SysAid Wiz

^^ Do we need to sign up everytime, or do we need to enroll just once for the pathfinder program?
SysAid VP Product

Just one is enough
Anyway stay tuned to the beta forum - and if for any reason you signed up and didn't get the email that will be launched on Tuesday, get in touch with us.

Oded