Routing based on custom list

Author
SysAid Mod

I have a list of all our installed tools in cust_list1. These tools belong to different regions which I take care of by using different companies. Now if someone of our local (i.e. regional) guys who belongs to the respective company opens a SR the admin group (which also reflects the regional responsibilities) is set automatically by the routing rules. But if someone from our headquarter staff open the SR the group of the SR is set to "Support". Is there a way to apply routing rules based on the entry in cust_list1 which is always manually assigned to the SR?
th
SysAid Mod

*bump*
SysAid Wiz

Hey Th,
Although you cannot create a routing rule, you can create an escalation rule that will change a "new" service request to "open", and you can choose a specific value in the cust_list1 using the expression builder, and using that value, change the assignment.

Best regards,
Haim
Pushing IT forward
th
SysAid Mod

That's a good idea. I'll do it the way you suggested. But maybe you want to consider enhanced routing possibilities as a feature request.

Thanks, Thorsten
SysAid Wiz

th wrote:That's a good idea. I'll do it the way you suggested. But maybe you want to consider enhanced routing possibilities as a feature request.

Thanks, Thorsten

Hey Thorsten,
The routing should only be based on the user's group/company or category, other parameters can be done using the escalation module.

Best regards.
Haim
th
SysAid Mod

The problem is that if I use many different escalation rules to handle such kind of things I'll have to set up a lot of extra statuses to handle the escalation level "0" which in my experience causes a lot of misunderstandings and trouble. Otherwise I have to change the work flow. Staying at my example: Our work flow is as follows: A new SR receives the status "new" and is being routed to the dispatcher. The dispatcher sets it to open and assigns the SR to a person in charge. As soon as this person acknowledges the SR he/she sets the SR to "pending". If an escalation rule sets the status to "open" one of the steps won't work.
SysAid Wiz

Hey Th.

The example i provided you was meant to replace the dispatching process.
You can set it differently as you would like.

You can play with the rules to find the best rules to support your workflow.
Another thing I can tell you is the our next version 5.6 will add some new features and options to the escalation.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward