different E-mail on different escalation rules

Author

Hi all,

We have two kind of contracts for our customers. 1 Golden and 1 Silver contract.
I've made 2 escalation rules for those 2 contracts and this works ok.

I want to send out a different e-mail for the clients with a Golden contract than the Silver contract clients will recieve.
Can I make this work with something as you can see underneath,

IF customer has escalation rule "gold"
---mail body---
end if customer has escalation rule "" silver"
---mail body----
els
--mail body----

Thanks.

Kind regards,
René
Take a look at my 3D creations and here is a little animation I made
SysAid Wiz

Hey René,
Do you want to place the changes in the escalation rule (so when the message will be escalated, this notification will be sent) or you want to create a permanent notification change based on the "contract level"?

If you want to send the email when the escalation occur, simply edit the escalation notification (on the bottom of the escalation page) as you would like and then check "Notify the end user who sent the Service Request".
This will allow you to create and send customized emails based on a specific escalation rule (which is already separated for you).

If you are interested on doing a separation for all notifications, you will need to distinguish your users between gold and silver clients, which you can do using a field like "custom list 1" in it, put two values, gold and silver (note the caption key you use)

In the notification, you can use the following If statement under "email body to end user regarding a service request"

#if( ${custList1} && ${custList1}="1" (caption key 1)
GOLD TEXT
Else
Text for other users.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Elite SysAider

Wow.. Thanks Haim.

If you are interested on doing a separation for all notifications, you will need to distinguish your users between gold and silver clients, which you can do using a field like "custom list 1" in it, put two values, gold and silver (note the caption key you use)

In the notification, you can use the following If statement under "email body to end user regarding a service request"

This is what we want indeed. I will try to implement this.
Thank you for the reply.

Kind regards,
René
Elite SysAider

Hello Haim,

I can't make it work.
I changed the translation file and the user.cust_list1 as shown underneath.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#User fields
user.cust_list1=Contract Soort
user.cust_list2=Custom Lijst 2
user.cust_text1=Custom Tekst 1
user.cust_text2=Custom Tekst 2
user.cust_notes=Custom Opmerkingen
user.cust_int1=Custom Int 1
user.cust_int2=Custom Int 2
user.department=Afdeling
user.company=Bedrijf
user.expiration=Expiration Date
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added a custom list field on the user page. see first attachment.
Second I added the code in the user email body for new SR.

#if( ${cust_list1} && ${cust_list1}="2" )

Silver text

#else

non silver text

#end

Now when I send in a new SR with this testuser account. The email body is complete empty...

Underneath you can see our E-mail body as I have it now. (without the Custlist1 part)

I hope you can help me out with this.

Kind regards,
René

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct. 06, 2008 09:00 AM

Elite SysAider

BUMP.

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Wiz

Rene, its a bit early to bump a thread just because it hasn't been answered after one day, all the threads that I bumped yesterday had not been answered for about a month. I don't want to start a bumping war with threads!

I did put in a feature request to add an alert the moderator feature, so that we can report orphaned posts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct. 08, 2008 06:23 AM

Elite SysAider

Yes sorry for that. But I'm really in a hurry. My deadline was a month ago (because of a major error with our license file)
It must be ready before the end of this week...

I don't want to start a bump war indeed so I won't use the bump anymore.

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Customer Relations

The instructions which Haim previously provided only apply to the "SR Custom List 1" field which appears on the actual service request, not the General Details tab of that user.
To translate the "SR Custom List 1" value which appears on the service request form, please locate the line "sr.cust_list1=SR Custom List 1" in your translate file.
Elite SysAider

Thanks Adam,

But I need an custom list field on the user management page.
There I want to have an option to choose a contract "Goud, Zilver or brons" So I can see which contract a user has.
If a user with a gold contract send in a SR, I want a different E-mail body than a user with a Zilver contract. Same for the zilver and brons contracts.

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Wiz

Hey Rene.
I think we can get around this issue, but i need to check this issue with our senior support.

I'll check this issue and get back to you with a detailed work procedure on how to do so.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
Elite SysAider

Thanks Haim.

I hope you have a nice holiday....

Kind regards,
René
Elite SysAider

Haim wrote:Hey Rene.
I think we can get around this issue, but i need to check this issue with our senior support.

I'll check this issue and get back to you with a detailed work procedure on how to do so.

Best regards.
Haim

Hello Haim,

Any news on this??

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Wiz

Hey René,

sorry for not updating this request.

I chcked this issue and found that it is currently not possible adding information from the user management pages to the notifications.

You are welcome to open your request as a feature request.

Best regards.
Haim
Pushing IT forward
SysAid Wiz

I have added this request to the bottom of "Include more custom tags into email notifications. FR #2291" https://www.sysaid.com/Sysforums/posts/list/0/136.page#7146
Elite SysAider

Thanks guys.

But it is not needed anymore. Our company is bankrupt because of the economic crisis. at the end of this month we're closing the door.
Anyway thanks for all the support..

Time to search for a new job.

Kind regards,
René