Show all admins tickets and unassigned

Author

I am trying to find a way to twist Sysaid to my will.

I would be very useful if the ticket list could be tweaked so it shows the user's (aka sysaid admin) and the unassigned tickets in one page.

We find it is easy for tickets to go unnoticed until someone switches from their tickets to unassigned. I haven't quite mastered tweaking sysaid under the hood, but this should be possible, no?

th
SysAid Mod

In principle this should be doable with filters. The only thing I do not know is if there is an expression for the logged in user (maybe someone else can step in here). If this would be available you simply set up a static filter like "Assigned to" = 'None' OR "Assigned to" = $LoggedInUser.

Besides that, have you thought about setting up appropriate routing rules? In our organization for instance we have predefined owners for every third level category and for every company. While setting up the rules took a while we made sure that every SR gets assigned to someone.
SysAider

We tried routing and it doesn't really fit. We have a couple different shifts and people skills on the same shift overlap.

My thinking was, since we have our ticket list showing all the time. Adding unassigned ones would make it easier to pickup on them.
SysAid Customer Success Manager

In order to achieve this, please do the following:
1. Go to Help Desk > List and click on the Customize List button (blue cogwheel icon) in the top toolbar.
2. In the Customize List window, select ${list.assigned.to.caption} under the Filter Menus and click on Edit.
3. In the Filter Caption, enter something like: SysAid and Unassigned
4. In the Filter Expression, enter something like: (responsibility is null OR responsibility = 'none' OR responsibility = 'sysaid')
Note: Please replace 'sysaid' with the actual username.
5. Click on Add.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each one of the users.
7. Click on Close.
8. Back in the Customize List window, select the option "Please enter a name for the new view:" and then enter a name for this new view.e
Note: The above step is not required, but it will avoid corrupting the DEFAULT view (just in case you entered the wrong values)
9. Click on Save.
10. On Help Desk > List, switch to that new view and then select the desired filter from the Assigned To list.