Escalation rule to close down a Service Request

Author

Hi Everyone,

I think i may have logged a request on this a while back when i was on previous version. I just wanted to see if there are any work arounds to do this now i am on the latest version. What i have is this;

1. I have a state setup as Suspended which i use when customers don't get back to us within a specific time frame.
2. I have tried to setup an escalation rule to look for (When susepended and not updated in 30days change status to Closed)

Guess what, it doesn't work

Anyone know how i can get it to automatically close suspended service requests when they have not been updated in 30days ?

I was thinking of getting my mate to do some SQL to do it but i didn't want to risk messing the database up (i.e. SQL query to look for status Suspended, not updated for 30 days to then change the status to closed).

thanks in advance

Wayne
Super SysAider

Hi Wayne,

Should work ok. I have testing a similar setup, whereby we change the status to complete, then ask the users to confirm that the job is close before manually changing the status to verified complete. We have also put an escalation rule in place, whereby if the job is marked as verified complete within 3 days the status is changed automatically. This works fine for us.

I did note that there was two options with the escalation rule. Time from start, and time from last modified. I would expect that the last modified time would be the last time someone opened the SR. So if in that 30 days since last modified, someone opens it to view the details, it would change the last modified date and extend the "30" day period.

Maybe try setting it to a shorter period, IE a couple of hours and see if that works?
SysAider

Thats interesting because it just wont work for me. The Last Modified is what it says and viewing the service request doesn't change this. The strange thing is that the rule is triggering because the service requests are showing escalated but they just dont change state !

Super SysAider

Can you post a couple of screen shots of your escalation settings screen, i'll compare them to mine and see if there's any difference.
SysAider

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please see the attached picture. (you will need to magnify it i'm affraid).

If you have any issues then please let me know.

Wayne

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct. 10, 2008 07:07 AM

Super SysAider

Hmm, All looks the same. Only thing i can think of is that the SR is indeed set to "suspended"? Other than that... Haim??

Cheers,
Troy
SysAid Customer Success Manager

In order to address this issue, can you also please send us screenshots of the General Details tab and History tab of a problematic service request.