"External" chat link and SSO

Author

Hello,
We added the chat script/link to our intranet site in order for users to access the chat quickly. We have SSO enabled on the help desk system (HD). However, when users click on the chat link from our intranet, their information is not recognized and does not link up to their user account in the HD. If they go to the HD, thereby being authenticated, the chat link from within the HD works perfectly. How do we get around that? I'd like our users to click chat from the intranet and authenticate without having to go into the HD.
Thanks!
SysAider

So, I did find one workaround. We are using SharePoint for our intranet. I have a hidden web part that loads the help desk so when the Chat link is clicked on, the user is already authenticated. I did this a few months back - after first posting my issue (that never got a response). However, it seems that our help desk service locks up quite a lot now. Today the service hung twice. I don't see anything really out of the ordinary in the SysAid logs or the Tomcat logs, but I can't say I know what I'm looking for. I really need some assistance with this.

Thanks.
SysAid Wiz

Hi wlpLauraF,

you need more information from the configuration of your system to help you!

regards
Karlson