Task report only

Author

Hi everyone,

I want to have a report which shows all the tasks.
On the report design I see a taks/project report. The problem with this report is that it only shows data if there is a project.
I want a report that only shows the tasks, even if there is no corresponding project.

Can anybody help me out with this?
I'm not good in report design.

Kind regards,
René
Take a look at my 3D creations and here is a little animation I made
SysAid Wiz

Let me guess... to-do list ?
*smile*
Vote for me here !

Until then ?
I export to excel and dance...
Elite SysAider

Hahaha.

Thanks Oblix.
Can you explain me how you export only the tasks?

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Wiz

Specific project :
1. Open the project
2. Pick the task tab
3. Click on the hulk kinda X (read:green X)

The whole bahemoth :
Pick the task menu... and click on the hulk kinda X.

Is that it ?
Elite SysAider

Hi Oblix,

Well I can export taks/tasks in the task module, but on the report tab on the manager portal I can't.
There I only can print a report from a project. I want to make a report to print/export tasks only.

I really don't know how that works. I have the ireport app, but the code that steer this report is not good for my health.)

Thank you anyway for the reply. For this moment I'll keep it as it is now.

Or is there an option to adjust the PDF layout in the task tab?

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Wiz

Rene, I took a quick look at this for you, I am half way there,

if you go in to design reports, create a new one and say use the existing tasks and projects one as a template, call this tasks only, and then go back in and upload this attached report in place of the first report.

This will list just the tasks, but it still does not display tasks that are not associated with a project,
Maybe Haim could get Firass to explain how to achieve this bit. The script tab is going to need some modification. Also the prompt tab could do with changing so that you can select only projects that are not marked complete.

You may need a whole different template completely, but this was something I knocked up quickly.
tasksonly.jrxml

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct. 15, 2008 06:07 AM

Elite SysAider

Thanks for the effort techguy.

But as you said, it won't display tasks without associated projects.
We use the task manager without the project manager. Knowing this you know why we have a need for only printing tasks.

Kind regards,
René
SysAider

Create a Project called Tasks. Will that work?

Like you, I manage tasks without projects as well as projects. In order to filter on the stand-alone tasks in the Task module I had to create the 'Task' project and thats where everything goes that is not project specific.
Elite SysAider

Thanks for the reply.

For the moment I'll keep it as it is now.
Lets hope this will be fixed in a next release.

Peace,
Rich_Art.
SysAid Wiz

techguy wrote:
This will list just the tasks, but it still does not display tasks that are not associated with a project,
Maybe Haim could get Firass to explain how to achieve this bit. The script tab is going to need some modification. Also the prompt tab could do with changing so that you can select only projects that are not marked complete.

You may need a whole different template completely, but this was something I knocked up quickly.

*BUMP* - so can the script tab be made to display tasks not associated with a project ??
SysAid Wiz

The new version 5.6.01 contains new tasks reports "Tasks Per Status" and this does list all tasks including the ones that are not part of a project and you can use a filter to select all tasks that are not finished.

Elite SysAider

Great.. Thanks for the update.

Kind regards,
René
SysAid Wiz

techguy wrote:The new version 5.6.01 contains new tasks reports "Tasks Per Status" and this does list all tasks including the ones that are not part of a project and you can use a filter to select all tasks that are not finished.

Has this been available to the pathfinders ?
SysAid Wiz

Yes it has Obelix