Chat no longer works after changing servers

We recently changed our help desk server from a physical server to a virtual server and all is working well except for the chat and remote control. Initially we configured our help desk server with the actual name of our first server. When we moved to a virtual server we added a DNS entry to point to helpdesk.(ourdomain).org on the new server. Whenever I open a chat or remote control window it will open in IE on the user's end and point to the name of the actual server which causes it to fail to connect. It is also only using HTTP and not HTTPS, which we configured and is working.