Deploy SysAid Agent to Google Chromebook?

Author

I would like to be able to deploy the SysAid agent to 12 Chromebooks our school just acquired.

Although Chromebooks is based on Linux (so I've heard anyway), I'm not a Linux expert and I don't see any Terminal app.

Has anyone done this?
SysAider

What happened to this thread? Was an answer ever given.. our school is looking to migrate to a 1:1 computing environment using Chromebooks so an agent would be really useful.

Thanks.
C
Former Community Manager

Hi CS,

So far, R&D hasn't examined the agent on a chromebook. That being said, I think I'll fire up my virtual Chomebook and take a look. With Chromebooks becoming more prolific, it does make sense for an investigation.

Michael
SysAider

Based on the implementation of SysAid for Chromebook , they have had some progress ?, is now possible ?

Thank you
SysAid Community Manager Product Team

Hi jrobledo,

Unfortunately, Chromebooks are not yet supported by SysAid. Should there be any new information, we will update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Just giving this topic a bump. I have over 1000 Chromebooks for which it would be helpful to have a SysAid agent.

Thanks!
FA

Hi FA,

I suggest you contact your account manager to discuss this and indicate that you're interested in Chromebook support.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

Hi, are there any updates regarding a SysAid agent for Chromebooks in the near future? Thanks!
SysAider

Echoing Prosper Independent's question. I've now doubled the number of deployed chromebooks since my July post in this thread. My deployed base of PCs continues to shrink. Pretty soon the best part of SysAid (agent controlled inventory) will no longer apply to me.

If I have to manually manage all of my inventory anyways, I'll have to start looking at much less expensive helpdesk/inventory solutions.

Hey guys,

There is a feature request on this topic and it can be found here and voted on. I'd also like to suggest again to contact your account managers and add your name to the weight of the FR to expedite its implementation.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAider

Hey Danny,

Any updates on when a possible Chromebook agent might be released?
Thanks!

SysAider

Hi Danny,

I also would like an update on when a possible Chromebook agent might be released. I did go to the feature request forum and vote for this as well.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

No updates about this yet. Once again I suggest contacting your account managers to add your name to the weight of this feature request

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider

We manage over 7000 Chromebooks in out district so an app to inventory Chromebooks would be great
SysAider

I'll keep bumping this thread every time I add another 1,000 Chromebooks to our fleet. At 3,000 now. Currently evaluating other products, but would rather stick with SysAid.