• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Community Enthusiast
  • 16 replies
onpremise newest version
SQL 2017 DB

Hi,

I have a problem with new Agent Installations(Fujitsu Lifebooks like U7511). After installation(manual or automated, MSI or exe) the agent is not sending the first data to the server. In the log you will see something like that:
04/25/22 09:38:52:731 [e] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::IsAssetIdValid AssetID has no value
04/25/22 09:38:52:747 [p] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::Init Info: The Asset ID does not exist - need to retrieve it from server
04/25/22 09:39:16:433 [p] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::SendAssetDataForCalculationAssetId Info: start to receive ID from SysAid, Max Retry 5, Span Time 60s
04/25/22 09:39:16:715 [e] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::PostToServer Failed to get ID from xxx
04/25/22 09:39:16:715 [e] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::SendAssetDataForCalculationAssetId Error: Failed to receive ID from SysAid retry 1 out of 5 retry again in 60000 millisecond
04/25/22 09:40:16:923 [e] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::PostToServer Failed to get ID from xxx
04/25/22 09:40:16:923 [e] RetrieveAssetIdFromServer::SendAssetDataForCalculationAssetId Error: Failed to receive ID from SysAid retry 2 out of 5 retry again in 60000 millisecond

If I uninstall the agent from an older computer or VM(with registry etc.), and use the same installation it works.

Some weeks ago I contacted the support and it worked after some tries with an older MSI. But this was only a coincidence I think.

Any ideas? Perhaps something in the database?

Regards

6 replies

Have you tested connectivity to the RDS? i.e. is there a firewall between the client and the server?
Badge +1
tcox
Have you tested connectivity to the RDS? i.e. is there a firewall between the client and the server?

Connectivity is fine. Ping and the necessary ports are available with IP or DNS Name.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi mszc,
Reach out out our Customer Care by live chat or our Helpdesk so they can further investigate with you why this is happening again.
It might be related to a known issue #67580, is configuration flag: ForceRandomAssetId is enabled?
Let us know,
Cheers,
Maayan

mszc
tcox

Connectivity is fine. Ping and the necessary ports are available with IP or DNS Name.
Badge +1
Could it be something to do with the hardware? This week I have some brandnew HP Notebooks which do not have this issue. Also I tried an "older" Fujitsu Lifebook U7510 without problems.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi mszc,
Are you on On-Prem? what version are you on?
Have you tried reaching out to our Customer Care?
Cheers,
Maayan

mszc
Could it be something to do with the hardware? This week I have some brandnew HP Notebooks which do not have this issue. Also I tried an "older" Fujitsu Lifebook U7510 without problems.
Badge +1
Hi, this can be closed. In Fact for this Hardware we need to disable Random Asset Id. But this raises another issue where a the mac of a virtual vpn network device is used as assetid . The mac is always the same(Forticlient), which leads off course to problems. Solution is to first install sysaid, then the VPN tool.