Problem import location and Department.

• 15 September 2009
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a little problem with the import of some Hardware assets.
I have an csv file with more then 700 assets.
for exemple:
WORKABOUTPRO_100,\IT,PDA,Psion Teklogix,WORKABOUT PRO,8279S002546,Kaemingk b.v.,10.10.10.100,Kantoor,Systeembeheer,Kantoor Automatisering,
WORKABOUTPRO_16,\IT,PDA,Psion Teklogix,WORKABOUT PRO,8265U061056,Kaemingk b.v.,10.10.10.16,Bismarck,Bismarck,Kantoor Bismarck,

On position 10 and 11 there is the department and location. But this is the only thing that he doesnt import propertly/
In sysaid i'd typed all of hour locations and departments in the customized list.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

3 replies

Badge
Hello Egberts,
Welcome to the SysAid community.

The list fields in SysAid store the actual value of each entry as a numeric value (which you can see near each entry in the drop down list customization page), when importing an asset, if you want to import a field into a drop down list, you should type the Caption key (1,2 ect) of each value instead of the name itself.

Best regards.
Haim
Haim
Hello Egberts,
Welcome to the SysAid community.

The list fields in SysAid store the actual value of each entry as a numeric value (which you can see near each entry in the drop down list customization page), when importing an asset, if you want to import a field into a drop down list, you should type the Caption key (1,2 ect) of each value instead of the name itself.

Best regards.
Haim

Hello Haim,

Thank you very much for you fast reply.
But it does not really work. My csv-file is now looking like this:
WORKABOUTPRO_100,\IT,PDA,Psion Teklogix,WORKABOUT PRO,8279S002546,Kaemingk b.v.,10.10.10.100,Kantoor,14,4
But the info in the pul-down list isn't filled.

I also can't find the 'Department' in the import asset list.
For all who find this, here is the solution to my knowledge.

In SysAid, the "Location" and "Department" fields are linked to the current owner of the asset. With that being said, you can still change the location in the asset menu itself regardless of the owners assigned location. If you were to export the assets to excel (.CSV) then upload the assets back into sysaid, regardless if any changes are made, it will upload the owners location and department, not what was in the CSV. This means if you haven't filled the location and department fields separately in Assets > Online Users, it will fill the fields blank.

So the "solution" is to fill the location and department for the owner of the asset, not the asset itself. It should automatically update once you import the csv, considering the Asset ID is the same.

If any official SysAid representatives want to correct me, by all means let me know, but this is what I got after chatting with support for about an hour.