Question

Category List

• 23 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Does anyone have a three level category list they are willing to share?  I want to revamp my two level category list while adding a third level.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @OrlandoLocke 

Did you have a chance to join @dbargas for the AMA sessions during SMART 2022? 

Douglas discussed and gave pointers regarding categories usage in general. Here is the the main example shared in session:

His session is avavalble on demand simply sign-up to the event and you can watch it. 

Cheers,

Hi @OrlandoLocke, if you have questions please let me know. 

I don’t think I attended your session.  Can you please send me a link to the recording?

Ok, found and watched the recording of your session.  It was good, but very high level.

I am undertaking a category review from the last four years of categories from actual tickets.  My request was if someone had a category list they would be willing to share.   I want to use that as a starting point or foundation and build my actual categories on top of that foundation.  I would also like see a few examples of three levels of categories.

Level 1=Service, Level 2=Product, Level 3=Module

Level 1=ERP, Level 2=User Maintenance, Level 3=Password reset

Level 1=Client Software, Level 2=Outlook on Desktop, Level 3=Create a rule

Level 1=Equipment Issues, Level 2=Laptop, Level 3=Screen Broken

My goal is to use the first level of category be a reporting point.  For example, how many tickets did we have this month for ERP or for Equipment or for Infrastructure or for Development, etc.

I would love to see a few examples so I can decide what to use.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Orlando

@dbargas , I forgot to tag you in my earlier post.  Please read my posts and let me know if you are able to help?

Hi @OrlandoLocke, we’re preparing a document that we can share with you - Please stay tuned! 🤓

Userlevel 5
Badge

@OrlandoLocke I opened a ticket on your behalf to get more examples and advice for your scenario. Let us know what you build out in the end!

Cheers,

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @OrlandoLocke, we’re preparing a document that we can share with you - Please stay tuned! 🤓

I’m interested in this as well. Looking to fine tune my categories after a year and half on the system. thank you! 

Hi @dbargas 

I’m interested in the document you are preparing also.  New to SysAid and looking for all the help I can get.  Thanks in advance

Hi @Ken M, I just sent you a private message - I’ll log a ticket for you, but first I’d need your company name. Thanks! ✌🏻