Edit/Delete notes

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have not found a way to edit or delete a note within a service request. For those occasions where someone hits add when the info is not quite correct, it would be nice if at least a sysaid administrator could delete or edit the note.

16 replies

Right...there has to be a better way than doing it through the back end database
Badge +1
If you would like to be able to edit notes, go to Customize --> Appearance and disable Allow notes to be added only by using the "Add a note" button.
That does not work
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
David Cohen
If you would like to be able to edit notes, go to Customize --> Appearance and disable Allow notes to be added only by using the "Add a note" button.

Hi David,
in fact, this no longer works with the new form of the note field.

Before the redesign it was still an option
Userlevel 1
When is this "feature" going to be implemented? It seems this change makes the Helpdesk less useful as a centralized method to track progress of an ticket.
Has there been a fix for this yet?
Badge
Is there any way to edit or delete a "comment" within an SR?
I agree the ability to edit notes is greatly needed. There is a feature request for it on this forum. Be sure to go to it and vote for it, as features with the most votes get implemented first.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello everybody!

I went into a little excursion to understand where this stands and here are the news:

1. We have since launched a section called activities in SRs where you have many more capabilities including deleting activity if needed, check out the activities section in this guide

2. There is an open FR #58275 regarding these requests I will associate all on this thread and if it is chosen to be handled you will get a direct notification

Upwards and onwards,
Cheers,
Maayan
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey Maayan,

Thank you for pointing out the activities field!
However, the Notes field is given priority because it is also used as a response field for end users from the new SSP.
An administrator should be given the option in the permissions to be able to change his entries.

best
Karlson

Maayan Karstaedt
Hello everybody!

I went into a little excursion to understand where this stands and here are the news:

1. We have since launched a section called activities in SRs where you have many more capabilities including deleting activity if needed, check out the activities section in this guide

2. There is an open FR #58275 regarding these requests I will associate all on this thread and if it is chosen to be handled you will get a direct notification

Upwards and onwards,
Cheers,
Maayan

Hey Maayan,

I absolutely agree with Karlson. The notes field is a unique feature that can't be replaced by the activities section. Using it as a response field is a very good example for the importance of this field.

Earlier it was at least possible to delete notes but since some versions it is not even possible to do this trifle.

It would be great to have more options to work with the notes: edit, delete...

Karlson
Hey Maayan,

Thank you for pointing out the activities field!
However, the Notes field is given priority because it is also used as a response field for end users from the new SSP.
An administrator should be given the option in the permissions to be able to change his entries.

best
Karlson

Maayan Karstaedt
Hello everybody!

Upwards and onwards,
Cheers,
Maayan

I totally agree with Karlson & Max.
It is crucial as an admin to be able to keep the notes clean and concise.
Please allow deleting and editing of notes.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi ICT Beersel,
Thanks for adding your vote to the discussion! I have associated you to the FR on our system and you will be updated when it is updated/changes status in the future.
Cheers,
Maayan

ICT Beersel
I totally agree with Karlson & Max.
It is crucial as an admin to be able to keep the notes clean and concise.
Please allow deleting and editing of notes.

Hello. I would like to see this feature (modify and/or delete notes) implemented.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi ICT Beersel, Thanks for adding your vote to the discussion! I have associated you to the FR on our system and you will be updated when it is updated/changes status in the future. Cheers, Maayan

ICT Beersel
I totally agree with Karlson & Max. It is crucial as an admin to be able to keep the notes clean and concise. Please allow deleting and editing of notes.

Good afternoon,

Can you link me to this too, please?

Oddly enough, you can Edit/Delete a note entry by accessing SysAid on your phone via URL. Modify or delete and Notes entry and save the changes. I am not sure why it would work on a phone but not in the program