Escalation Rules notification Custom Field

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good afternoon,

I wish to use Escalation Rules to send notifications to the end user and also the defined user in DB field ‘sr_cust_test_listtt’. 

I checked the option ‘Notify these custom user(s) (DB field name only)’ and entered ‘sr_cust_test_listtt’ into the box but this doesn’t notify the person defined in that field in the service record.

Is what I’m trying to do possible? If so, assistance getting this working would be appreciated.

-Leon

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Leon Symnz,

Sometimes this feature is useful to use with a text field where you can type in the email. However, what is the end goal here? Maybe there is an easier way to achieve what you are expected.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Leon Symnz,

Sometimes this feature is useful to use with a text field where you can type in the email. However, what is the end goal here? Maybe there is an easier way to achieve what you are expected.

“I wish to use Escalation Rules to send notifications to the end user and also the defined user in DB field ‘sr_cust_test_listtt’. “

Simply, I want this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Leon Symnz - You can follow the documentation here. Please keep in mind that the intended usage of this feature is to be used with text fields. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Leon Symnz - You can follow the documentation here. Please keep in mind that the intended usage of this feature is to be used with text fields. 

This is already set up. The custom field is as I said in the image but the notification is not being sent.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This is already set up. The custom field is as I said in the image but the notification is not being sent.

@Leon Symnz Is the field a Text field or it’s a list (the name points out towards a list type of field.) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A text field wouldn’t help us here. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

A text field wouldn’t help us here. 

I understand, unfortunately this option is not designed to work with Relational Lists. If I would understand what you want to achieve, e.g. what type of SR is this, when the notification should occur, etc - I could provide an alternative.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

SR is a request.

When the request it closed based on an escalation rule, I want it to send an email to the SR manager, the request user, and the person defined in ‘your manager’

This is all in my first post.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Leon Symnz ,

We can achieve the same outcome by using the Workflows and Workflows notification. Unfortunately the “guide” can get extensive in writing if I don’t see how the SR is set-up. 

Can you get in contact with your account manager and let’s arrange a short call to go through this? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Leon Symnz ,

We can achieve the same outcome by using the Workflows and Workflows notification. Unfortunately the “guide” can get extensive in writing if I don’t see how the SR is set-up. 

Can you get in contact with your account manager and let’s arrange a short call to go through this? 

Morning,

Apologies I have been on leave. I have emailed our account manager.