Skip to main content
Question

Ticket reopened by email

• 5 July 2024
  • 5 replies

We have a ticket that continues to be re-opened when the sender sends in an email.  The sender is sending some monthly downtime notification emails and he is using the same subject for all emails.

In our email integration we do have it where if a user has the SR# in the subject it will reset the status of a ticket to Open, but in this case the email does not have the SR# anywhere in the email.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:

**AI magic at your service!**

To address the issue of a ticket being reopened by email without the SR# in the subject, please follow these steps:

### Step 1: Check Email Integration Settings
1. **Log in to SysAid Admin Portal**:
- Use your admin credentials to log in to your SysAid account.
2. **Navigate to Email Integration Settings**:
- Go to `Settings > Integration > Email`.
3. **Review Email Parsing Rules**:
- Ensure that the email parsing rules are correctly configured and not inadvertently causing the ticket to reopen.

### Step 2: Verify Email Parsing Rules
1. **Check for Keywords**:
- Look for any keywords or patterns in the email parsing rules that might be causing the ticket to reopen.
2. **Modify Rules if Necessary**:
- Adjust the rules to prevent the ticket from reopening if the email does not contain the SR#.

### Step 3: Review Ticket ID Parsing
1. **Check for Similar Subjects**:
- Ensure that the system is not mistakenly identifying the email as related to the existing ticket due to similar subjects.
2. **Adjust Parsing Logic**:
- Modify the parsing logic to be more specific and avoid false positives.

### Step 4: Gather Log Files
1. **Collect Log Files**:
- Gather log files related to email processing and ticket creation for further analysis.

### Step 5: Contact SysAid Technical Support
1. **Open a Service Record**:
- If the issue persists after following the above steps, please open a Service Record by clicking the 'Create a Service Record' link located on the chat page for further assistance.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with the ticket being reopened by email. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.
Badge

### Step 2: Verify Email Parsing Rules
1. **Check for Keywords**:
- Look for any keywords or patterns in the email parsing rules that might be causing the ticket to reopen.
2. **Modify Rules if Necessary**:
- Adjust the rules to prevent the ticket from reopening if the email does not contain the SR#.

### Step 3: Review Ticket ID Parsing
1. **Check for Similar Subjects**:
- Ensure that the system is not mistakenly identifying the email as related to the existing ticket due to similar subjects.
2. **Adjust Parsing Logic**:
- Modify the parsing logic to be more specific and avoid false positives.

I don’t see email parsing rules.  I do see Email Rules under the Service Desk option, but there are no specific rules in there for re-opening tickets.

Badge
Incoming email integration

Hello @tmart_AMIC,
Thank you for contacting us!

Please add the status closed as exception for option “Change status to” and it will not reopen the ticket, but instead it will create a new one.

Badge

Thank you Gabriel.  Would this apply to emails that do not contain the SR number in it?  In my case the email being sent in does not have the SR in any part of the email.

Badge

Thank you Gabriel.  Would this apply to emails that do not contain the SR number in it?  In my case the email being sent in does not have the SR in any part of the email.

If you set the status to be excluded, and the ticket has the status set, then the ticket will not get reopened, even if the email contains or not the Service Record number in the subject/body of it.