Question

Email notifications to administrators

• 19 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

We are using SysAid as a campus wide ticketing system.  So all “help” questions flow through SysAid.  Whether it be a ticket regarding Facilities, IT, Marketing, Research, etc.   I have added some code to our email notifications and based on what category the end user choose is what email notification he/she gets.  Same with administrator notifications.  I have added the same code to the administrator notifications however, any of those categories that use a request template do not get an email that they have been assigned a ticket. I’m assuming because it uses the Process manager field over the Assigned to field. How do I make this function?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are using SysAid as a campus wide ticketing system.  So all “help” questions flow through SysAid.  Whether it be a ticket regarding Facilities, IT, Marketing, Research, etc.   I have added some code to our email notifications and based on what category the end user choose is what email notification he/she gets.  Same with administrator notifications.  I have added the same code to the administrator notifications however, any of those categories that use a request template do not get an email that they have been assigned a ticket. I’m assuming because it uses the Process manager field over the Assigned to field. How do I make this function?

Hi Lauren, 

Assigned to and Process Manager usually have same behavior. Can you share the code parts you implemented? Screenshots of what end user receive? so we can try and understand how to help you. 

Cheers,

Maayan

Badge

#end

Badge

I think it is figured out.  I need to turn on the setting send all mail through default account and it started working.