Question

Unable to Assign Request User when Inserting a Service Record from a Workflow Notification

• 18 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have some workflow notifications which are being used to insert service records depending on whether certain criteria is met in a service request. My assumption was that the “Request User” on the service record initiated by the workflow would be the user assigned to the action item in the workflow, but that does not appear to be the case.

When I create the workflow notification the Request User field defaults to my account. I can change the user but cannot clear the user. How do I ensure that the user assigned to the action item is the user who is making the request when the service record is created by the workflow?

I am running SysAid on-prem version 22.1.65 b20.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jordanho,

In order for the assigned to to be assigned to the request user you need to define it in the Attributes > Populate values section:

Let us know if this helped!

PS check out our workshop about all things workflows if you want to go deeper!

Badge

Hello @Maayan Karstaedt,

Thanks for the response. I am able to assign the task in the workflow no problem. The issue is with the notification I’m triggering on completion of the workflow. I am using the notification to open a service request, but when the service request is open it does not open in the name of the person assigned to the task. Instead the service request opens in my name as the person who created the notification in the workflow notification settings. In the notification settings the request user defaults to my username and I am unable to change it. 

Thanks!