How do I change the order of Workflow tabs when editing a Sub Type?

• 17 May 2017
  • 4 replies

I have created a new Sub Type and in edit sub type view, I have deleted some workflow tabs and added some of my own. These have added to the end of the tabs, but I would like to re-order these.

Tabs are currently:

Change Details - Close - History - Test Plan > Approval

I want them to be in the following order:

Change Details > Test Plan > Approval > Close - History

Any ideas?

4 replies

Hi VickiCrom,

Unfortunately, reordering tabs is not possible in the current UI. This is planned to be changed in the future during admin-side UI redesign. At the moment however, you will need to recreate the tabs in the correct order. To prevent re-creating in the future (until this section is redesigned), you can create empty, hidden tabs between each visible tab, in case you will need to change something later.

Danny
OK, thanks Danny 👍
I've just discovered you can rearrange the tabs in the template, and the re-ordering will then be reflected back in the subtype.

I've just discovered you can rearrange the tabs in the template, and the re-ordering will then be reflected back in the subtype.

Hello,

Could you remind us how to re-order the tabs? We’re reordering via the workflow screen, but that doesn’t reflect on the template itself, since we want to get the “Close” and “History” tabs to be at the very end, but can’t seem to find how to tell the template which order

Thanks in advance