FAQ on the fly.

Author

Im new in sysaid, so while i learning the technology ill post my findings here. Hope they will be useful for rest of the community.
SysAid R&D

Recently i was asked what is ilitask.exe.
ilitask.exe is actually very old agent program.If you have one you should definitely upgrade your software. Since last release was done long time ago people are starting to forget what it is.
SysAid R&D

Why do we need all this ports while deploying agent.
SysAid manual states that target machine should have ( TCP 139, TCP 445, UDP 137, UDP 138, and UDP 8193 ports open)

137,138,139 are NetBIOS ports. They are used in one of the methods of discovery, because our discovery is integral part of deployment in case these ports are not open its possible that deployment with certain methods will fail.
445 is network sharing port - we need it to transfer files during deployment
8193 - is port used by agent for communication with server, in case of urgent message server may push message through UDP forcing Agent to perform getMessage procedure. This can speed up certain commands.
SysAid R&D

Recently i was asked "what do we do with assets that have no agent installed on them (cameras, printers, fax machines)".
We can monitor them making sure that assets like printer or fax are online is very important.
Since SysAid charges for licenses for Assets, its a smart move to have as much assets as you can even if you cannot install Agents on them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec. 02, 2014 04:12 PM