How to have Chat go online with out having admins do it

Author

We have the chat part tied in to our website. Is there a way to schedule it to have it go available between a certain hour?

Example

We open at 7:00 AM and Close at 5:30 PM

So we want the chat to automatically go live between those times ?
Super SysAider

I thought it would have relied on the times you have included under:

Settings>Operating Times

From here you can set what days you are open and what time you open and close. I would have thought that the chat facility would have checked these times just like when users submit SR's and they are outside of the operating times, they get an auto email explaining that someone will get back to them between x-xx and x-xx

I maybe wrong, but that's how I thought the system worked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb. 19, 2015 10:09 AM

SysAider

When we come in in the morning, we start at 7:00, so the only way to being chat online is for someone to go available. If not it is in offline mode and will allow them to send a message in to Sysaid, I want to know if there is a way to have it automatically go live and just queue the chats even though no admins are available ?
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

rwilson wrote:When we come in in the morning, we start at 7:00, so the only way to being chat online is for someone to go available. If not it is in offline mode and will allow them to send a message in to Sysaid, I want to know if there is a way to have it automatically go live and just queue the chats even though no admins are available ?

Hi rwilson,

Currently there is no method to do this.
If you wish, you can submit a Feature Request for this functionality.

Thanks,
Danny