Obtaining support should not be this difficult

Author
Message
SysAider
35

I had what was a comparatively minor issue; my SysAid was not displaying the current count of my installed software. Not earth shaking, but something I wanted to get fixed. I know I am in in compliance, but I am working on my budget, so I wanted to know.

I submitted an email support request on Wednesday @14:15 (EST) and got a response @ 16:22 the same day with the advice to upgrade to 14.4. Well, okay. My previous upgrades have gone pretty well, so I did the upgrade, uninstalled the old Agents and reinstalled the new Agents. As a result, none of my clients could use their hotkey or desktop icon to submit a new ticket. EEK!

I replied to the ticket with a status and got....nothing. I came in this morning and there was no reply. I Clicked the Support link and choose 'Let's chat'. 'It's Live and it's Instant'. Lies. It's a virtual agent with no obvious method of getting a live agent. I called the 800 number and choose Option 3 for support. Know what I got? 'Thank you for calling customer service, we are unable to take to call.'

Hmm. So I call the rep the originally replied. I had his extension, I'll leave him a voice mail. Nope. Dialling his extension gets a fast busy. Called back and hit 0 for an operator. Got an answering service.

Seriously, what steps does someone on the East Coast have to do to get support?
SysAid Wiz
577

I've been dealing with this since my purchase. It gets better, then WORSE, slightly better, worse again, etc.

For what we pay a year in maintenance you'd figure we'd have a better quality of service with support..
SysAider
35

A week. My users have not been able to create tickets for a week. If I call after 10am EST, I get the answering service. I got someone yesterday and we spent an hour on the phone which ended with me sending a copy of my database.

So far, I have not been called by service. Not. One. Call. In a week.

I am seriously debating if SysAid has a place in my organization. I understand that software breaks, I don't understand why I can't get a timely response.
SysAider
16

The upgrade problem you spoke of is one of the reasons I have not upgraded our SysAid to 14.4.x, how to upgrade the Agents after upgrading SysAid. The integrated Agent Upgrade function does appear to work correctly. I first discovered this problem when we upgraded to v9, only to find the Agent Upgrade function was not upgrading our Agents. I was told this was a known issue which would be fixed in 9.1 - nope still didn't work correctly. Had to use the Admin Tool to manually remove all agents from our computers and then push out the new agents, because the Tool cannot upgrade an older Agent!! Why Not! Also, there is no way to monitor the integrated Agent Upgrade process to see which Computers Agents upgraded and which didn't and why. You have to check the computers to see if the Agents are upgrading. I'll be working with SysAid support again next week on this issue, hopefully will get this resolved. I will say this, for the most part, when I get a tech on the phone, they work hard to resolve the problem, but they often seem frustrated with systemic problems within SysAid they sorely need to address! I too am considering another Services Desk solution if I continue to run in to such problems.
SysAider
35

In case anyone is keeping score, the ticket is still open and SysAid is not responding to email.