Obtaining support should not be this difficult

Author

I had what was a comparatively minor issue; my SysAid was not displaying the current count of my installed software. Not earth shaking, but something I wanted to get fixed. I know I am in in compliance, but I am working on my budget, so I wanted to know.

I submitted an email support request on Wednesday @14:15 (EST) and got a response @ 16:22 the same day with the advice to upgrade to 14.4. Well, okay. My previous upgrades have gone pretty well, so I did the upgrade, uninstalled the old Agents and reinstalled the new Agents. As a result, none of my clients could use their hotkey or desktop icon to submit a new ticket. EEK!

I replied to the ticket with a status and got....nothing. I came in this morning and there was no reply. I Clicked the Support link and choose 'Let's chat'. 'It's Live and it's Instant'. Lies. It's a virtual agent with no obvious method of getting a live agent. I called the 800 number and choose Option 3 for support. Know what I got? 'Thank you for calling customer service, we are unable to take to call.'

Hmm. So I call the rep the originally replied. I had his extension, I'll leave him a voice mail. Nope. Dialling his extension gets a fast busy. Called back and hit 0 for an operator. Got an answering service.

Seriously, what steps does someone on the East Coast have to do to get support?
SysAid Wiz

I've been dealing with this since my purchase. It gets better, then WORSE, slightly better, worse again, etc.

For what we pay a year in maintenance you'd figure we'd have a better quality of service with support..
SysAider

A week. My users have not been able to create tickets for a week. If I call after 10am EST, I get the answering service. I got someone yesterday and we spent an hour on the phone which ended with me sending a copy of my database.

So far, I have not been called by service. Not. One. Call. In a week.

I am seriously debating if SysAid has a place in my organization. I understand that software breaks, I don't understand why I can't get a timely response.
SysAider

The upgrade problem you spoke of is one of the reasons I have not upgraded our SysAid to 14.4.x, how to upgrade the Agents after upgrading SysAid. The integrated Agent Upgrade function does appear to work correctly. I first discovered this problem when we upgraded to v9, only to find the Agent Upgrade function was not upgrading our Agents. I was told this was a known issue which would be fixed in 9.1 - nope still didn't work correctly. Had to use the Admin Tool to manually remove all agents from our computers and then push out the new agents, because the Tool cannot upgrade an older Agent!! Why Not! Also, there is no way to monitor the integrated Agent Upgrade process to see which Computers Agents upgraded and which didn't and why. You have to check the computers to see if the Agents are upgrading. I'll be working with SysAid support again next week on this issue, hopefully will get this resolved. I will say this, for the most part, when I get a tech on the phone, they work hard to resolve the problem, but they often seem frustrated with systemic problems within SysAid they sorely need to address! I too am considering another Services Desk solution if I continue to run in to such problems.
SysAider

In case anyone is keeping score, the ticket is still open and SysAid is not responding to email.

Sent: March 06, 2015 9:53 AM
To: 'helpdesk@sysaid.com'
Subject: RE: messages #1039583

Any chance I could get a status update?

Sent: February 27, 2015 5:44 AM
To: Derek Price
Subject: RE: messages #1039583

Hi Derek,

Just to update you , we received the database and the agent logs.
We will be testing this from our end and if we need anything else, we will update you.
Have a great weekend .

Best Regards,
SysAid VP Support

I'm monitoring the issue discussed in ticket 1039583 and it is being handled. I will keep following up on this until issue is resolved.
Regards,
Roy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar. 11, 2015 12:25 PM

SysAider

Roy, is the referenced ticket #1039583 dealing with the Agent Upgrade issue?
SysAid VP Support

Hi Bob,
Ticket 1039583 refers to Derek's issue, which we're working to solve.
I read your post as well and this is not necessarily the same issue. I will dig further about the agent upgrade scenario you described. In any case feel free to share more info on this or send me a direct message so I can assign someone to help you with the upgrade.
Regards,
Roy.
SysAider

I'm in the same boat. I submitted a ticket to SysAid Support back on February 27th and didn't get a reply until March 22nd. I emailed them back the same day and I have not heard back since. Not even a reply to my reply saying "Thanks for the logs" or anything. Nothing. Silence. My opened tickets last update is my reply to the email. How ridiculous is that? Worst support I've encountered in my life. If we hadn't of dumped so much money in SysAid I would've canned it months ago, but I can't justify dumping it to the curb just yet.

So sick of this.
SysAider

Crosspost:

Yah, once we are out of our crunch time (we are a US tax firm) I will be investigating different tracking solutions.

The software & software used to be top-notch. The past few years it has gotten progressively worse. I can no longer recommend SysAid the way I used to.
SysAid VP Support

Hi Jamie,
As I mentioned in my other post in the 'known issues' forum, I do apologize for the longer-than-usual wait time you had to experience with your specific issue.
I want to add, for the benefit of everyone who may be reading this post, that we encourage you to submit your issues through chat. While we do support all other communication channels (email, phone, end user portal, community) we do find chat to be very valuable and we're available there daily between 8:00am - 8:00pm UTC.
You can start a chat session through this link.
Regards,
Roy.
SysAider

I cannot help but notice the irony:

A ticket based software manufacturer prefers the 'chat' option - something which many of your customers are trying to get away from by using your ticket based software.....

There is no excuse for the delays mentioned in this post, we've recently renewed our maintenance but quite frankly might not have done had I seen this beforehand. With all due respect when support is needed its seldom the case that we have time on our hands whilst it gets dumped on a pile of jobs to do. If you havent enough support staff then hire more and increase maintenance costs if you feel it is justifiable for the level of support that will be delivered.
SysAid VP Support

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your comments.
As I mentioned, we do support all other channels, email included. Chat is also a part of the SysAid suite so I don't find it ironic. Actually, it does not replace email support, it's in addition to that.
I offered chat as a way to get prompt response. Besides submitting a new request\incident, it can be also useful for inquiries.
We're constantly working to improve the level of support we're offering to our customers. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to DM me.
Regards,
Roy.