Cannot close service requests on SysAid's own portal

Author

I tried to update some of my outstanding jobs on your own enduser portal https://helpdesk.sysaid.com/EndUserSRView.jsp , I added some notes telling you that certain SR's could be closed a couple of days ago - and nothing.
Do you not have any escalation set up to notify you when a note is added to a job?

I can only add notes to a job, you have set it so we cannot close service requests, what use is your end user portal if you are going to disable all the functionality ???

Do you not even use your own SLA/SLM/escalation to notify you that they have been outstanding for several years? it appears that you set them to "Pending Bug Resolution" and then that is the last that we hear from you - even when you have resolved the bug.

It appears to me that your are not interested in using your own software to manage your customers requests!!!!

Please can someone look in to this and comment back.
SysAid Product Manager Community Manager

Hi techguy,

I can assure you we are only using our own software, sprinkled with all kinds of escalations, SLA settings and customizations to handle all customer requests I'm sorry you have experienced problems with your tickets, let's try and see what's up.

There is an escalation in place to let us know when a note is added to an SR.
Can you please let me know of the SR# where notes were posted, and haven't been handled yet? I was unable to find SRs belonging to you with newly posted notes that have not been closed yet.

Additionally, can you please let me know of a ticket relating to a bug which has been resolved, and the ticket has not been updated? I want to investigate this further.

I'll check about letting users close their own tickets as well, and get back to you.

Thanks and have a great day,
Danny

Edit: I asked around, and we've decided to make this functionality available
You can now close and reopen your own tickets. Thanks for the feedback!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr. 19, 2015 04:20 AM

SysAid Wiz

ok, notes were added to 756977 and 473786

"I was unable to find SRs belonging to you with newly posted notes that have not been closed yet."

I can tell you why that is - because you do not class your statuses "Pending Bug Resolution" and "Pending Feature implementation" as Active Statuses on your helpdesk !!!

Additionally, can you please let me know of a ticket relating to a bug which has been resolved, and the ticket has not been updated? I want to investigate this further.

Hi techguy,

I have checked the tickets you've mentioned, and there are no attached notes in 756977, and the last note in 473786 is from 2013. Can you confirm you have attached the notes through the End-User Portal?

I'll check the bug reported in #756977 with our R&D and get back to you.

Cheers,
Danny
SysAid Wiz

DannyTashiev wrote:Hi techguy,

I have checked the tickets you've mentioned, and there are no attached notes in 756977, and the last note in 473786 is from 2013. Can you confirm you have attached the notes through the End-User Portal?
Danny

Yes I added the notes using the Add a note button - which it appears you have now taken away and you do not let us end users see the notes anyway!

You also said that we can now close and re-open tickets - well I still certainly am not able to.

please can I suggest that you actually take a look at your own end user portal for yourself and you will see just how unuseable and useless it currently is.

Hi techguy,

I apologize, we have discovered a bug in the Notes, and it is currently being fixed, so this section of the end user portal may be temporarily unavailable at times today (at this moment it appears to be available). However, all notes that have already been saved in the system are viewable to us, but I was unable to locate the ones or the aforementioned tickets yesterday.

The problem you have experienced may have been related to this bug, but we cannot be sure until further investigation.

Regarding closing your service records: please let me know if you are unable to see the "Close a service record" checkbox as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 21, 2015 09:59 AM

SysAid Wiz

DannyTashiev wrote:
Regarding closing your service records: please let me know if you are unable to see the "Close a service record" checkbox as shown in the attached screenshot.

it's not there. attached is a screen shot of what I can see:-

No notes visible, no add a note, and no close/reopen button available.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 22, 2015 07:28 AM

SysAid Wiz

I apologize, we have discovered a bug in the Notes, and it is currently being fixed, so this section of the end user portal may be temporarily unavailable at times today (at this moment it appears to be available). However, all notes that have already been saved in the system are viewable to us, but I was unable to locate the ones or the aforementioned tickets yesterday.

The problem you have experienced may have been related to this bug, but we cannot be sure until further investigation.

Why does it seem like I am the only person who reports these issues - do you not test all the features in your own end user portal when you upgrade? How many other customers might have tried to add notes to their cases that you don't know about?

Hi techguy,

The Pending Bug Resolution status is not counted as "Active" until the bug is fixed. In the cases where you want to close those tickets, please click on "Reopen" first, then the checkbox will appear and you will be able to close the ticket. Don't forget to click Apply afterwards.

Regarding the initial bug report: I have checked with the team and it appears like the bug #13385 was fixed indirectly by either one of the continuous UI improvements, or by a browser update. Since it was not specific for this bug, it was not marked as fixed, hence why there was no update regarding your ticket. I have sent a notification to our dev team to close this bug. Thank you for letting us know.

Regarding the notes: as I've mentioned, there don't appear to be any notes for that ticket in the system. Are you sure you have clicked "Apply" after adding the note?
Additionally, can you confirm you are able to see the notes for your ticket 473786?

Thanks,
Danny

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr. 26, 2015 09:22 AM

SysAid Wiz

The Pending Bug Resolution status is not counted as "Active" until the bug is fixed.

what kind of crazy logic is that? it should be active until it is fixed -no wonder these support requests go unfixed for so long - I guess it is a case of "out of sight - out of mind" a support request should be active until the customer has said it has been resolved !!!
So according to your "logic" my 16 outstanding requests are not active.

Regarding the notes: as I've mentioned, there don't appear to be any notes for that ticket in the system. Are you sure you have clicked "Apply" after adding the note?
Additionally, can you confirm you are able to see the notes for your ticket 473786?

yes I was able to see the notes on that case. Then I clicked reopen.
I put in that dialog box that I was re-opening it to add the actual solution.
and clicked ok.

Then the add a note button became available.
I then added a note with the correct resolution and clicked ok.
Then I clicked apply, and now it only shows the first 3 lines of the latest note I added.

So something is still not quite right !

techguy wrote:what kind of crazy logic is that? it should be active until it is fixed -no wonder these support requests go unfixed for so long - I guess it is a case of "out of sight - out of mind" a support request should be active until the customer has said it has been resolved !!!
So according to your "logic" my 16 outstanding requests are not active.

I was talking purely in a sense of a used status class, according to our workflow. This doesn't mean that it's "inactive and we're not doing anything with it", quite the contrary. I was simply explaining why you are unable to close it through EUP without first reopening it.
I can assure you we are working hard on resolving any reported issue, and get back to the customer with the resolution.

yes I was able to see the notes on that case. Then I clicked reopen.
I put in that dialog box that I was re-opening it to add the actual solution.
and clicked ok.

Then the add a note button became available.
I then added a note with the correct resolution and clicked ok.
Then I clicked apply, and now it only shows the first 3 lines of the latest note I added.

So something is still not quite right !

I have now tested this with a test ticket, and haven't been able to reproduce it -- the whole text is visible. Looking at your ticket from our system, it appears the text is indeed cut off, and it's not a display problem in EUP. Can you try adding another note and seeing if it is also cut off? You can create a test ticket for this if you prefer.

Thanks,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 27, 2015 04:13 AM

SysAid Wiz

DannyTashiev wrote:
I was talking purely in a sense of a used status class, according to our workflow. This doesn't mean that it's "inactive and we're not doing anything with it", quite the contrary. I was simply explaining why you are unable to close it through EUP without first reopening it.
I can assure you we are working hard on resolving any reported issue, and get back to the customer with the resolution.

Sorry, nut you guys don't follow up of these issues, some of them have been on there for 8 years! That's not what I call working hard on a resolution, there is no quarterly progress update with the customer, nothing. The very notion that I have to reopen my call to get an update on it, is ridiculous. If it affects your internal metrics for the helpdesk, surely you should be logging them as open change requests not just closing them when they are not resolved.

Perhaps some other customers would like to comment on whether this is a reasonable process in their eyes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr. 27, 2015 07:55 AM

SysAid Wiz

DannyTashiev wrote:
I have now tested this with a test ticket, and haven't been able to reproduce it -- the whole text is visible. Looking at your ticket from our system, it appears the text is indeed cut off, and it's not a display problem in EUP. Can you try adding another note and seeing if it is also cut off? You can create a test ticket for this if you prefer.

Danny, with respect mate, sorry but I don't have the time to test your systems for you.
You should be doing this.

Hi techguy,

While I appreciate your input, I believe this thread is becoming derailed. To summarize:
1. Enabling users to close tickets through SysAid portal - has been enabled per your suggestion. You can now close any owned ticket by yourself. Thank you for bringing this up.
2. The notes you have mentioned - were never in the system, there is no bug or known issue related to this, and it cannot be reproduced - therefore we cannot know why this happened or if it's an issue. I can only suggest to remember to press the Apply button after adding a note.
3. Tickets - are never closed until resolved, but simply become dependent on an open bug until its fixed. If you wish to add information to a ticket that is waiting for a bug resolution, yes you have to "reopen" it for editing, but this is pure semantics and our internal workflow is irrelevant to discussion.
4. Transparency of open bugs/feature requests in the system - we are working on a new way to communicate this information to our customers, and this is currently in discussion here at SysAid.
5. Your last note which was cut off - our offer to investigate this with you still stands, should you choose to cooperate. Since we cannot reproduce it on our side - we cannot know if it's a real problem.

If you have any further questions or comments about this thread, I invite you to PM me. Until then, I believe everything discussed in this thread has been dealt with -- therefore, I'm locking it.

Cheers,
Danny