Bulk editing Helpdesk Service Requests

• 18 January 2010
  • 16 replies

I’m unsure where this post needs to go so Im posting it here.

Is there any way to bulk edit helpdesk service requests. The only bulk option I can see on the top menu is to change the status field of requests. I need to be able to change the date & also categories of a load of requests at once rather than going through 300 individual requests.

I'm running v6.0.09

16 replies

Userlevel 2
This is an excellent idea !!!

Find a forum called request.
Post it there and message me... I'll vote for you.
Hi,

In release 6.5 there is an option to select multiple SR-s from the list and perfrom Bulk updating of various fields.

See the attached screenshot :)

Oded
Userlevel 2
Ok... let me rephrase it...
Is there a way to change/add/delete the field available for bulk processing ?

Like the date for instance...
I would also like to see this feature
Bulk setting of Categories is absolutely necessary, also the Parent ID field.

I have 6500 end users, when something goes wrong, I get a great number of SR's generated from them. I really need to set all of these to have a single parent (so I can report on them without skewing my KPI's) and be able to set the categories (since you insist that the categoies have to be set before saving.)

Thank you.
Hi Swissjon,

This is feature request #22687. I suggest contacting your account manager to add your name to the weight of the FR.

Can you clarify your categories comment?

Cheers,
Danny
Hi.

Basically, let's take today: My system crashed, so about 100 people emailled the helpdesk to tell me. I have had to go through each SR, open it, set the category, subcategory and 3rd level.category before I was able to save the SR as having a parent ID number. I can't open the SR, set the parent ID then save, if I had been able to do so, I could have just set the category in the parent ID and then changed that would have set the child SR's also.
You can set the Category to not be a mandatory field though, for the duration of this action, no?
Only if you have the permission to change that setting. I have 10 support engineers and just me with the ability to make changes to the helpdesk settings.

I really don't want to intercede to administer the helpdesk when my focus should be on providing solutions to the problems raised in the SR. The helpdesk is supposed to support our operations, not created extra issues.
I fully agree, I was just thinking of a workaround until the feature request is fulfilled.
Thanks. Appreciated
hi,

i wanted to check if there is an option to Bulk editing Helpdesk Service Requests on sysaid version 18.1.54 ?

any chance to get an answer?
Badge
Obelix
Ok... let me rephrase it...
Is there a way to change/add/delete the field available for bulk processing ?

Today near the end of 2021, we can add almost any field in a view to appear as a column. Why can we not also select almost any field under "more options" of the bulk updates?

Please do not tell me it's a feature request. This should be available to all of your customers today.
Badge
Danny Tashiev
Hi Swissjon,

This is feature request #22687. I suggest contacting your account manager to add your name to the weight of the FR.

Can you clarify your categories comment?

Cheers,
Danny

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Let me add that Danny back in 2017 stated this is feature request #22687; however, I cannot find this feature request when Googling specifically for it. So, how are we supposed to up-vote them? There is a major flaw in the system for getting these things implemented.
That is, the problem is still not resolved?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi All,

Yes indeed you can bulk edit SRs in our Help Desk simply select the SR you want to update in bulk and the edit ribbon will appear with the actions available, check out guide for more details:
https://community.sysaid.com/help-page.htm?helpPageId=4219
Section name: List actions

Let us know how it goes!
Maayan