Solved

Admin Notifications - how to customize

• 3 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Is it possible to customize the emails that are received by administrators?

These are the ones that are set in General Settings:

We’ve kept them out of the box, so the subject reads:
“A service record #nnnnnn has been assigned to your group”

And, the layout is plain text, not HTML formatted.

I’d like to change these, but it doesn’t seem to match the format in Settings>Customize>Notifications>  Email to administrator regarding a Service Record.

Are these notifications held elsewhere? How would I change them?

icon

Best answer by Gus 3 August 2023, 16:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

If it’s plain HTML rather than a formatted notification, it might be a workflow notification that someone has created. Check Settings>Service Desk Templates>Workflow Notifications to see if you can find the notification there.

Badge

Thank you very much @Gus ! I didn’t even think to look in the WorkFlow Notifications, as I thought it behaved like the other notifications.

That does point me to other notifications, but not this exact one I need to change.

One down - more to go

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@zoewalters - You might also want to take in consideration Escalation Rules, same as WorkFlow Notifications they are plain text.

Badge

@zoewalters - You might also want to take in consideration Escalation Rules, same as WorkFlow Notifications they are plain text.

That’s great Alin, thank you.

Can those notifications be HTML?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@zoewalters - yes, they can also be HTML. Both Escalation rules notifications and WF notifications.

Badge

@zoewalters - yes, they can also be HTML. Both Escalation rules notifications and WF notifications.

Thanks, Alin!
To use HTML do I just overlay the HTML into the notification area - like I’m doing with our signatures?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@zoewalters - Exactly like that. However I would recommend to “minify” the HTML first. You can use this site to do so https://beautifytools.com/html-beautifier.php