Question

Create Service Requests

• 5 September 2022
  • 5 replies

We currently have Incidents and I would like to setup Service Requests for additional access\ functions\ features\ accounts etc.

Has anyone done this on SysAid? Is there any documentation on how to do this?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Shaun Davies,

if I understand it correctly you want to convert an incident into a survey and use the workflows there! Is this right?

regards
Karlson

Hello Karlson

No users should be able to log Incidents and Service Requests, there are completely different. An Incident is something broken\ not working and a Service Request is additional access\ features\ functionality.  This is under ITIL

Thanks

Shaun

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Shaun,
who or what opens the Incident or Service Request?
Or do you mean Change or Problem Template under ITIL?
Regards
Karlson

Hello Karlson

Users log either an incident or a service request. At present they cannot log service requests.

How do we setup SysAid to do this?

Thanks

Shaun

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Shaun,
I don't know the exact status today, but there used to be a Pro and an Enterprise version of SysAid! In the Pro Edition there was only incident but no request, change or problem management.

If you own a full version, pre-made templates should be ready to use.

You can adjust your requests using new and existing templates under Settings -> Service Desk Templates -> Sub-tuples with the corresponding Workflow Designer

If you use the SelfService Portal, you must also adjust your templates accordingly under the SSP settings.

Basically you should think about what you want to display, it can be very extensive and you should use the SysAid Pro Service in this case.

If you own a Pro Edition, you should contact SysAid Sales to purchase the features.

I hope I could help you a little bit!

Regards
Karlson