Question

How to send Reminder Email to approvers if not approved in XXXdays

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Our requests are setup to go through 2 workflow levels of approval. These approval levels are set up as Service Action Items.  I want to send reminder emails if the approver has not approved the request within 3 days of the Request Date/Time.

I set up an Escalation Rule to do this but it is not working. I set the email to go to myself.

Escalates service records with type Request, only non-merged tickets, with status In Approval Process. Triggers on 72 hours 0 minutes after RequestTime. Notifies: Jane Doe.

I want to notify the approver on the Service Action Item.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m looking for this answer too. At a guess, escalation rules

https://documentation.sysaid.com/docs/run-escalation-rules-on-workflow-action-items

Shame there’s no options in workflow for this…

nb. If there’s a feature request, please may I be linked to it.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @COKWriter and @Leon Symnz,

This is a great question and you are in the right area, check out this guide and see if maybe you missed a step.

In the meantime I am checking with my product experts to see if there is something else to do here.

Stay tuned, 

Maayan

PS - check out our workshop on workflows to deep dive with our Product Expert @Ben Perry!

Badge

I have reviewed the Help Article before.  Those escalation rules work on a trigger of some sort and happen automatically when the trigger is executed. Trigger is at the Service Ticket level. I need a trigger based on the status of the workflow action item. If the Department Head workflow action item is still “enabled” after 3 days from Request Time, then send the notification.  I do not see a way to build that with these instructions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have reviewed the Help Article before.  Those escalation rules work on a trigger of some sort and happen automatically when the trigger is executed. Trigger is at the Service Ticket level. I need a trigger based on the status of the workflow action item. If the Department Head workflow action item is still “enabled” after 3 days from Request Time, then send the notification.  I do not see a way to build that with these instructions.

I’ve just tested it out and it all appears to work.