Solved

Loop Error When Trying to Update an SR Field via Workflow

• 6 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Community Enthusiast
  • 19 replies

I've encountered a loop error while attempting to update a Service Request (SR) field using a workflow. Here's the scenario:

I've set up a workflow where, in one step, I populate data from the SR to a Local Action Item. The configuration is as follows:
SR | Last Present Data -> Last Present Data | Overwrite if not Completed | Action Item Activated.

This setup works perfectly fine. However, I now need my staff to be able to update this field, and for those changes to populate back to the SR. 

I attempted to implement the following configuration, but it resulted in a loop error:
SR | Last Present Data <- Last Present Data | Overwrite | Action Item Completed.

How can I successfully update this field without encountering a loop error?

icon

Best answer by simonamirza 6 February 2024, 14:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @eluiz ,

Generally, action item flows can only go in one direction specifically to avoid data population loops. 

Could you please provide us a screenshot of your current workflow so we may replicate this and look for a workaround?

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Badge

Badge

Hi @eluiz ,

Generally, action item flows can only go in one direction specifically to avoid data population loops. 

Could you please provide us a screenshot of your current workflow so we may replicate this and look for a workaround?

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Thanks Simona