Skip to main content
Question

New Tickets notification on the Platform

• 11 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I would like to implement a notification option for my team when new tickets are assigned to the admin group or to the individual on the platform rather than in the emails to prevent email clutter and more efficient alert/notification but I am not seeing that option being available.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!
Here is the response we thought might assist you:

**AI magic at your service!**

To implement a notification option for your team when new tickets are assigned to the admin group or to individuals on the platform, follow these steps:

### Step 1: Check Notification Settings
1. **Log in to SysAid Admin Portal**:
- Use your admin credentials to log in to your SysAid account.
2. **Navigate to Notification Settings**:
- Go to `Settings > Service Desk > General`.
3. **Enable Group Notifications**:
- Ensure that the option 'Notify the Admin group assigned to the Service Record' is checked. This will allow the members of the group to receive notifications when a new ticket is created.

### Step 2: Configure In-Platform Notifications
1. **Navigate to In-Platform Notification Settings**:
- Go to `Settings > Notifications > In-Platform`.
2. **Enable In-Platform Notifications**:
- Ensure that the relevant notification options are checked for in-platform alerts. For example, enable notifications for 'New Ticket Assigned' to ensure that admins receive alerts within the platform.

### Step 3: Test Notifications
1. **Perform a Test**:
- Assign a test ticket with 'New' status to the group and monitor if the in-platform notification is sent out.

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, please let me know, and we can explore additional troubleshooting options or consider opening a Service Record for support.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Nova ,

At the moment the announcement button would be the only way that the admins would be notified about tickets.

This is working for new tickets if one is assigned to the admin but for other actions we have a Feature Request opened, FR #2181 - Publish admin notifications to announcements.

At the moment the Feature Request does not have an eta of implementation, if you want to know more regarding this you can get in touch with your account manager.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out.

could the interaction with slack achieve the result requested above?