Solved

SLA Timer Reset

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on creating SLA’s that are valid per area of our department.

The biggest issue is regarding escalations, and when waiting for a user to respond to a question.

My question(s): Can you reset an SLA timer when you set a status to: Awaiting User Response, or something very similar? When escalating a ticket, can you also change the timer when it is escalated?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by dragos.baciu 25 October 2023, 17:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on creating SLA’s that are valid per area of our department.

The biggest issue is regarding escalations, and when waiting for a user to respond to a question.

My question(s): Can you reset an SLA timer when you set a status to: Awaiting User Response, or something very similar? When escalating a ticket, can you also change the timer when it is escalated?

Thank you,

Hi @jherron,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to reset the SLA timer when you set a status to 'Awaiting User Response'. The SLA timer in SysAid is designed to run continuously once a service request is created and cannot be reset based on status changes. However, you can create a new status that stops the SLA timer. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Customize > Lists.
2. From the List drop-down menu, select 'status'.
3. Create the new status that you want.

By creating a new status, you can set it as 'Pending' and configure it to stop the SLA. This will allow you to use the desired status when the SLA is stopped.

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Have a lovely day ahead!

Thank you @dragos.baciu! I will try this out and see how it goes.