Skip to main content

I have been receiving reports that some users are receiving the message when trying to sign into sysaid that their user does not exists in the sysaid database. Currently LDAP is set correctly, no changes prior to users receiving the message. We have enough spots for new users to be added. And not sure if it is related but while in the user list I can see that they are active, when I select them to be disabled their status does not change. Can someone point me in the right direction to try to troubleshoot further?

Hi there,

SysAid Copilot is here with our AI Magic!

Here is the response we thought might assist you:

**AI magic at your service!**

To address the issue where users are receiving a message that they do not exist in the SysAid database, despite being active in the user list, please follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. **Verify LDAP Configuration:**
- Double-check the LDAP settings to ensure they are correctly configured. This includes verifying the server URL, port, and credentials used for the LDAP connection.
- Ensure that the LDAP sync is functioning properly and that there are no errors in the sync logs.

2. **Check User Synchronization:**
- Navigate to `Settings > Integration > LDAP` and perform a full LDAP scan to refresh the user data.
- Ensure that the users are correctly mapped and that there are no filters preventing their import.

3. **Review User Status:**
- If users appear active but cannot be disabled, check for any errors in the SysAid logs that might indicate a problem with updating user statuses.
- Try manually disabling and re-enabling a user to see if the status change is reflected.

4. **Examine System Logs:**
- Review the system logs for any error messages or warnings that could provide insight into why users are not being recognized.
- Look for any recent changes or updates that might have affected user authentication.

5. **Test with Different Browsers:**
- Have affected users try logging in using different web browsers or in incognito mode to rule out browser-specific issues.

6. **Check for Network Issues:**
- Ensure there are no network connectivity issues that might be affecting the LDAP connection or user authentication.

7. **Contact Support:**
- If the issue persists after performing these steps, consider reaching out to SysAid Support for further assistance, providing them with specific error messages and details of the steps you've taken.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with users not being recognized in the SysAid database.

**Enjoyed interacting with Gen AI? Curious to see how it works behind the scenes? Join our upcoming [webinar](https://bit.ly/4dNixJr) on September 24th!**

Hi @Brian ,

The issue you’re describing requires additional troubleshooting which we can’t perform here. Can you please join us in chat or submit a ticket using our portal so we may assist you further?

If you need more help, have further questions, or just want to chat about this topic, please don't hesitate to reach out.