Question

Workflow Notification triggered based on data entered in field

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am trying to setup a notification that will be trigger when the service record is updated, or action item tab is closed.  The notification would need to be sent to a specific employee or group based on what data is entered in a specific field.

Example:  On the SR there is a field for new supervisor (custom field).  We would want the notification to be sent to that specific supervisor so they can do the next action item in the workflow.

How would this be setup in the workflow / notification?

Jamie Chavez

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @ChiJc ,

To achieve what you’re looking to do, you need to use the attributes section of the action item. This can be done on the template level (request or change template). In the action item, you can select the dependency upon completion of the previous action item. Use the filter to catch the inserted data and use the population section to automatically set up the signee of the action item from the SR supervisor field. 

In order to create a notifcation, here’s a link to our documentation. 

To edit the attributes, here is the link

If you have additional questions or need help, feel free to chat with our Support here.

Best wishes,

Erik

Badge

HI Erik,

Thank you for your response.  I tried your suggestion, and it works.  I have another scenario where we have multiple action item tabs and will need to send notifications to specific employee’s based on who is entered on another action item tab, but we do not want to reassign the ticket.  

Do you have a suggestion on how we can do that?

Thank you,

Jamie

Userlevel 5
Badge

Glad it worked!

You can send a notification based on the user-populated in the previous action item by create Escalation follow this guide for further instructions.

Let us know how it goes!

PS did you catch our workshop about workflow designers during SMART 2022? worth checking out :)