Question

Assigning CMDB Asset to User

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We just bought official bar coded asset tags for all machines. We are still using a onsite AD utilizing Entra AD Sync with Azure working as the sync for SysAid. This means the computers/assets are not being automatically added to tickets when users open them. I was hoping to be able to use the CMDB function to fix this by assigning the CI Asset to the user but I haven't been able to get it to add it to the ticket. I have assigned the CI to the user but I think I need to sync the Agent machine with the CI. Has anybody else done this so as users open ticket the main asset is already linked to the ticket?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Stephen, 

Currently, the Main Asset field is automatically populated when users submit tickets using the Agent, as the field gets the information based on the asset it is submitted from.

We have a couple of feature requests to get the field automatically populated on other means of ticket submission - let’s discuss more about them by creating a ticket (and eventually link it to the feature request, so you can be notified when it is implemented). Please reach out to us either directly via chat, or through our Self-Service Portal, or by sending an email to helpdesk@sysaid.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Badge

The problem is even though the agent is installed since we are syncing with Azure then sync’ing Azure with SysAid that option isn’t working.