Batch manage Assets

• 24 February 2015
  • 5 replies

Hi Folks,

I hope you can help with this one.

We support a very large council network with various towns and multiple sites in each town. The Council has maintenance agreements with us which run out at different times and have different agreement numbers.

Its a bit of a bind having to change each asset individually to reflect new maintenance dates & agreement. What we would like to do is perform a batch change to a group of devices to reflect new agreement and new dates.

Not sure if this is achievable ?

Thanks in Advance

Scotty

5 replies

Hey scooter1139,

I apologize for the late reply.

If you haven't found a solution yet, you can mass-update assets by importing a CSV file through Settings > Asset Management > Import Assets.
You can find detailed instructions on importing assets at SysAid Help > Import Assets.
As long as the AssetID is the same, the import process will not create a new asset, but update the existing one.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,
Danny
Hi Danny,

That would mean basically re-importing every asset again which would entail losing links to jobs, No , i want to be able to select a group of assets to update the maintenance start date, maintenance finish date & maintenance contract number. Bearing in mind I have over 750 assets. Re-running an asset import again isn't an option unless there is a filter that you are aware of by which only particular assets will be modified.

If you do know a method by which this could be done that would be great.

regards

Scott
Hi scooter1139,

If I understand your request correctly, a solution should be creating a CSV file only with the Asset IDs you wish to change. For those assets, you should only fill the fields you wish to change - in your case maintenance start and finish dates and the contract number. The other fields should be left empty and they will stay as they are in SysAid.

Let me know if I understood you correctly and if this answers your question in a satisfactory manner.

Thanks,
Danny
Hi Danny,

Thanks for that I'll give that a go and see how I get on. I won't be able to do anything with it till next week, but i'll update on how I get on.

Thanks for your help. :-)

Scott
Hi

Does anyone have a csv file template i can use and what is the Unique Asset ID?
Is it the mac address of the Workstation/Laptop?

Thanks in advance