Question

Cannot Get LDAP to work

• 19 January 2024
  • 1 reply

hello all.  

I’ve had a horrible time trying to get one of my LDAP connections to work.  I have 2 working LDAP connections.  and my company is a city that has many different child domains out of necessity.  Our police child domain just will not work.  I’ve set everything up identically to the other two, but nothing is working.  When I test the LDAP setup is gives me this error:

Error: Exception while checking configuration: Exception while checking configuration accountId: <myaccount> <myRDSname>:389

I’m not sure what to do at this point, this is a brand new, purpose built server, just for RDS purposes, all DNS is correct, and SysAid support hasn’t been helpful at all, over the last 2 days I can’t get a hold of them.  I got chat once, and their advice consisted of “use the ip address instead of the name in the LDAP server url line”  which I did try. For the record, I’ve deleted and rebuilt the RDS twice, removed the credentials and re-added them, but I just can’t get it to sucessfully connect.  

where can I go to find out what’s actually failing?  I’m at the end of my wits here.

thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

Please consider opening a ticket in our Helpdesk if you haven’t already. We’ll be more than happy to assist you.